Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-13-2014, 07:23 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Kubota SVL-75 Rent to own program now owned

Whats up everyone, I figured i'd do a little review on the kubota rent to own program since a couple members have messaged me asking for some details on it what its all about.
For a little background on my company, over the last few years we have grown exponentially in workload and found ourselves renting way to much last year, our rental totals where close to $32,000 for a small business that is just not acceptable, most of our rentals where mini excavators or tracked skid steers, we do a fair amount of commercial snow work here in new england which was a large reason for moving towards the skid steer over purchasing a mini excavator at the current time. For summer work we do new yard installs, grading\drainage, brush clearing etc..
While out at ConExpo in vegas I really took a liking to the kubota tracked machines and was very impressed with the cab visibility etc.. So when I got back I popped in our local dealer and discussed some options. We had work lined up for the spring but not a ton of capital to dump on a down payment for the SVL-75 pre-tier 4 leftover on the lot. So they explained there rent to own program to me, the deal is you rent it for as long as you need but the first 3 months of sequential rental 90% of the rental payment goes towards the down payment and after the 3rd month 80% goes towards the down payment on the machine. So we signed the rental agreement that day and drove away with my machine with the hopes of purchasing it over the summer.
The machine has performed flawlessly, and could not be happier. We signed the loan papers the other day and she is officially part of our fleet at 0.9% financing for 60months. If anyone has any questions about rent to own or about the kubotas feel free to ask on the thread so everyone can find out about this great option for the smaller businesses with limited down payment capital.
AND AS AN FYI IT WILL LOAD A TRI AXLE
Attached Images

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfwTTWdT3TEinaALXbIyUVQ

OUR PHOTO THREAD
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=396303
Old 07-13-2014, 07:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry if the above is a giant run on sentence

YOUTUBE CHANNEL
http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfwTTWdT3TEinaALXbIyUVQ

OUR PHOTO THREAD
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=396303
Old 07-13-2014, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

What amazes me is how Kubota can build a CTL from nothing and have almost zero issues and Case , Bobcat, Cat took multiple tries? LOL

Great story and hope that machine keeps on producing.
Old 07-13-2014, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Congrats man, been following along on insta. Thats one of two machines im considering, other is tl8 or230. You mind telling us what the payment was/is? What options does it have and what is the overall width?
Old 07-13-2014, 09:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWJ Services View Post
What amazes me is how Kubota can build a CTL from nothing and have almost zero issues and Case , Bobcat, Cat took multiple tries? LOL

Great story and hope that machine keeps on producing.
You mean no issues like high flow that can't run mulcher effectively in WI without overheating, multiple fires because the sides of the engine compartment is wide open to debris, quick connect pilot lines at the pilot valve that leak right on to the DPF, burnt arms from having to reach over the radiator hose, inability to pull the air filter without pulling the cooling package out (SVL90), inability to see the bucket corners, heating or cooling only one side of cab adequately, PITA door to close when getting out of machine, hyd sight gauge you can't even see when putting fluid in fill neck, freezing breather filters that blows the turbo seal, dip stick or frost plug, outrageous parts prices, etc. These are all things told to me by an owner of a Kubota dealership I know well. He loves the minis and has massive headaches with the CTLs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-13-2014, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I haven't had any problem seeing the bucket or any of the issues you speak of. A little silicone on the door track goes a long way when putting it up.

I don't think kubota tested it with a mulcher to be honest with you. Last year they said they were designing a machine specifically to run a mulcher or being in forestry environment. Not sure if that ever came to fruition
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-13-2014, 11:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digdeep View Post
You mean no issues like high flow that can't run mulcher effectively in WI without overheating, multiple fires because the sides of the engine compartment is wide open to debris, quick connect pilot lines at the pilot valve that leak right on to the DPF, burnt arms from having to reach over the radiator hose, inability to pull the air filter without pulling the cooling package out (SVL90), inability to see the bucket corners, heating or cooling only one side of cab adequately, PITA door to close when getting out of machine, hyd sight gauge you can't even see when putting fluid in fill neck, freezing breather filters that blows the turbo seal, dip stick or frost plug, outrageous parts prices, etc. These are all things told to me by an owner of a Kubota dealership I know well. He loves the minis and has massive headaches with the CTLs.
Posted via Mobile Device
Those are all miniscule issues compared to all of the major ones I've had with my Case. I've found out since my electrical fire that I'm not the only one that's had to deal with an alpha series mysteriously going up in flames after a rain shower. After owning my Case I now know that there's a reason that I only know of two other Case CTL's in my area. They're finicky little bastages. The Kubota door?...no problem in 1000 hrs of rentals except with thin plexy glass installed. Freezing problems I can't comment on, but I can vouch for the overheating issues with the SVL90 running a mulcher. I rent when I need to mulch and it is a problem. Sealing up the holes should take care of that.

My local Kubota dealership has five stores, a good size rental fleet and is selling SVL's faster than they can get them in. They're killing local Bobcat and Cat sales. Taks are pretty much non existent here. Around here it's literally turning orange when it comes to CTL's. I'm friends with the owner and with two of the store managers and their service managers. No lie...it's rare to see any SVL's in for repair. The rentals get the filters changed, greased and they're back out on the job.

Do Kubota's CTL's need improvements?...sure. Don't they all?
Old 07-13-2014, 11:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNB Construction View Post
Those are all miniscule issues compared to all of the major ones I've had with my Case. I've found out since my electrical fire that I'm not the only one that's had to deal with an alpha series mysteriously going up in flames after a rain shower. After owning my Case I now know that there's a reason that I only know of two other Case CTL's in my area. They're finicky little bastages. The Kubota door?...no problem in 1000 hrs of rentals except with thin plexy glass installed. Freezing problems I can't comment on, but I can vouch for the overheating issues with the SVL90 running a mulcher. I rent when I need to mulch and it is a problem. Sealing up the holes should take care of that.

My local Kubota dealership has five stores, a good size rental fleet and is selling SVL's faster than they can get them in. They're killing local Bobcat and Cat sales. Taks are pretty much non existent here. Around here it's literally turning orange when it comes to CTL's. I'm friends with the owner and with two of the store managers and their service managers. No lie...it's rare to see any SVL's in for repair. The rentals get the filters changed, greased and they're back out on the job.

Do Kubota's CTL's need improvements?...sure. Don't they all?
I hope all of you guys have great luck with your Kubotas- I hate to see anyone have issues with any brand. I don't think hydraulic fires from leaks on to the DPF is a miniscule issue though.

I personally like the brand and own a 121 zero turn I bought from the owner of the store that relayed the info to me that I provided.

Best of luck with your new machine.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:01 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiffyspark View Post
I haven't had any problem seeing the bucket or any of the issues you speak of. A little silicone on the door track goes a long way when putting it up.

I don't think kubota tested it with a mulcher to be honest with you. Last year they said they were designing a machine specifically to run a mulcher or being in forestry environment. Not sure if that ever came to fruition
Posted via Mobile Device
Getting the door up isn't an issue. I personally think getting out of the machine and having to reach back in contorting to close it when you leave it for the day is a PITA. I've sold and operated many brands of machines in my day and I think this set up is the worst. Not impossible, but not very well thought out.
Old 07-14-2014, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvLandscapeLLC View Post
Sorry if the above is a giant run on sentence
Nice pics.