Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-22-2013, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Member

review my website thanks!

Pattersonlawns.com. Any feedback would be great. I know I still need to add some more content and is still a work in progress but let me know what you think!
Old 02-22-2013, 03:25 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Think you need more key words,I was looking at the same site but they were in California.Your snow plowing is done with shovels?
Old 02-24-2013, 12:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Yeah I haven't broken into the commercial plowing just yet mainly do residential drivways. Ill get a plow for the truck soon though. I like http://www.grandviewlandscaping.com. I think Ill add a coupon page to mine.
what site were you talking about that looked similar in California?
Old 02-24-2013, 02:01 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bep2010 View Post
Yeah I haven't broken into the commercial plowing just yet mainly do residential drivways. Ill get a plow for the truck soon though. I like http://www.grandviewlandscaping.com. I think Ill add a coupon page to mine.
what site were you talking about that looked similar in California?
pattersonlawns.if you just use that it comes up in Cal.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:16 AM
LawnSite Member

Website looks good. One thing I would do would be to put on your home page that you accept credit cards..Get the buttons to go along the bottom or corners of your pg. Also, which you may do this but I recently got "the square card reader". Works on my smart ph. Just plug it in and swipe. Money goes into your bank account fast...and the card reader is FREE. They charge 2.75% per transaction so just add 3% to your bill and the customer will not mind for the convienience at all..Good luck and keep at it.

2012 60" Exmark Lazer X series
2008 36" Exmark Viking
2005 Isuzu NPR 16' Box
Bunch of other crap!!!!
Old 02-25-2013, 12:24 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bep2010 View Post
Pattersonlawns.com. Any feedback would be great. I know I still need to add some more content and is still a work in progress but let me know what you think!
- Since you are working on content, I'll avoid that aspect.

- I'd recommend reading Google's SEO Starter Guide and seoMoz's Beginner's Guide to SEO . Pay particular attention to effectively writing TITLE, Meta Descrip, H, and image alt tags as those are areas of need for you. Create Google and Bing Webmaster Tools accounts if you haven't already.

- Your favicon is the default Genesis Framework icon. You can create your own branded favicon here. Just be sure to start with a square image canvas and make sure it scales down to 16x16 pixels.

- The three times I've hit your page, it fails to load all the way, with the spinning "page loading" showing constantly in my browser tab. It looks like a couple of your outside server calls are bogging down.

- Search engines (and potentially your target customers) doesn't know what this means: "We proudly serve the residents of Tulsa, Jenks and Broken Arrow, and all the places in between!"

- Site is really thin on location-centric content. I see your phone number, but have to scroll down to your contact address to see where you are based.

- I don't "get" the equipment page value, especially just being stock pictures of power equipment. I would at least move a mower to the top that doesn't look like a "typical homeowner's mower" (through the eyes of a homeowner). My reaction to the page was "So?". I don't mean that as a slam, more as a "why did I just load this page?".

- Make a pot of coffee, close your office door, and start grinding out claiming your various local accounts and related citations. Visit GetListed.org for a quick hit list as it looks like you have some tedious work ahead of you. Lawnsite commenter ptjackson's ServiceVines.com is based in Oklahoma City and is focusing the roll-out in your region so you might want to create a free account there.
Old 02-25-2013, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Sorry, I notice I didn't point out the two calls I saw that were slowing down your site loads. One is your security seal from Thawe.com, the other is the annoyance that is Quantcast. This one is sneaking in via your Wordpress stats plugin.

Also see that your site is actually hosted in Canada. From an SEO standpoint, you're giving yourself a bit of a speedbump to get over as Google does look at IP location as part of it's algorithm. If I'm in Tulsa and searching for a Tulsa lawn care provider, your site is telling me you might be a Canadian company first, with the following information having to counter that possible perception.
Old 02-28-2013, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Member

Lots of good info there appreciate it!