Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 12-18-2013, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Question about Gravely 1548

I found an older Gravely Pro-1548 nearby, but it's missing one of the hydro pumps. I've tried looking online but couldn't track down a good part number other than the new factory Gravely OEM parts, which cost over $500.

Would like to look into getting a used pump, but the Gravely walk-behinds seem kind of hard to find. Are the pumps made by a different company (like Sunstrand or Parker?), and do any of the other mower brands use the same pump?

Thanks for the help

-Tim
Old 12-18-2013, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Gravely prolly doesn't make the pumps, dunno who does.
Have you tried to Google the Gravely part number for the pump and see what ya come up with? There might be a label, etc. on the other pump?
I'm assumin' yer talkin about the complete hydro/trans assembly, one for each side, no?
If that's the case, then yeah, the same unit could be used by a couple of different mfgs. More than likely Hydro-Gear.

......AMF!

Last edited by BigFish; 12-18-2013 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-11-2014, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_P View Post
I found an older Gravely Pro-1548 nearby, but it's missing one of the hydro pumps. I've tried looking online but couldn't track down a good part number other than the new factory Gravely OEM parts, which cost over $500.

Would like to look into getting a used pump, but the Gravely walk-behinds seem kind of hard to find. Are the pumps made by a different company (like Sunstrand or Parker?), and do any of the other mower brands use the same pump?

Thanks for the help

-Tim
If you are going to spend over half the cost on a used one not telling what kind of conditions been put through do the right thing and buy a new one don't take the chance of making a mistake.

What is the mowers Model Number? before we can proceed in looking anything up.

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)