Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-22-2013, 02:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wright Lawn View Post
Can posts be blocked? I'd like to block herler, I don't need to waste my time reading his excrement! SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!
You can put him on your ignore list , then the only time you'll see his posts is if somebody quotes him.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-23-2013, 04:31 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shepoutside View Post
I'm from Canada, I carry a nerf bat!
You too?!

I carry a Nerf axe.
Old 03-23-2013, 05:27 AM
LawnSite Member

For me, no need to. I work in a high end area, the law states you must have a min of 5 acre lots with some wooded areas. garages and homes are open most of the day. Just Lucky I guess to have these kind jobs.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:24 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I would never push my beliefs on others and make them carry. But people like topsites(herler) have no problem pushing thier BS on all others as the only and right way to live.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-23-2013, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
I would never push my beliefs on others and make them carry. But people like topsites(herler) have no problem pushing thier BS on all others as the only and right way to live.
Posted via Mobile Device
Exactly right bro, and I totally agree.

That's the biggest difference between liberal and conservative thinking. Conservative thinkers believe they have the right to live their life as they see fit within the law, and that everyone else does too. Liberal thinkers (is that an oxymoron?) think everyone must live according to their beliefs regardless whether they agree with it or not.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:11 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
Exactly right bro, and I totally agree.

That's the biggest difference between liberal and conservative thinking. Conservative thinkers believe they have the right to live their life as they see fit within the law, and that everyone else does too. Liberal thinkers (is that an oxymoron?) think everyone must live according to their beliefs regardless whether they agree with it or not.
100% well put, so true, Thank you.
Old 03-24-2013, 12:05 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
A great number of armed men carry unlicensed guns, some are convicted felons, some are landscapers, the solution to this problem is not about waging war because if that were the solution we could simply shoot everybody and be done, but until someone dies at the hands of a gun wrongfully used AND the owner is held responsible, nothing will change.

Absolutely nothing, the teenager standing trial for the murder of his classmates proclaiming that the hand used to kill these sons and daughters now masturbates to the memory will not change, whether you carry a gun makes no difference, if anything there will simply be more sick, and now armed people.

The logic that the armed people are sane folks who can defend themselves against the sick is flawed.
It doesn't work that way, in the real world sick people are just as dangerous and if you are armed your chances of being sane or sick are about equal, thus greater national armament simply results in more violence and death.

Here's some reading material for you:

The recent report from ABC News that in Florida, where there are more concealed weapons permits than anywhere else in the country, violent crime has dropped to the lowest point in history, delighted Sean Caranna, executive director of Florida Carry, Inc. “We’re happy to have facts and statistics put into these debates, because every time they do, we win,” he said.

Firearm-related violent crimes in Florida have dropped by one-third in just four years, 2007 to 2011, while concealed carry permits jumped by 90 percent in that period. Further, violent crime of any kind dropped almost as much, 26 percent.

There were naysayers, but their voices are becoming muted as more and more states have adopted “shall-issue” carry laws and have seen their own crime rates drop as well.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...ent-crime-down
Old 03-24-2013, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meezer View Post
Here's some reading material for you:

The recent report from ABC News that in Florida, where there are more concealed weapons permits than anywhere else in the country, violent crime has dropped to the lowest point in history, delighted Sean Caranna, executive director of Florida Carry, Inc. “We’re happy to have facts and statistics put into these debates, because every time they do, we win,” he said.

Firearm-related violent crimes in Florida have dropped by one-third in just four years, 2007 to 2011, while concealed carry permits jumped by 90 percent in that period. Further, violent crime of any kind dropped almost as much, 26 percent.

There were naysayers, but their voices are becoming muted as more and more states have adopted “shall-issue” carry laws and have seen their own crime rates drop as well.

http://www.thenewamerican.com/usnews...ent-crime-down

Won't do no good. Liberal gun haters are confused by facts.....
2009 Encore FZ48 Front Mount Side Discharge & bagger.
3 Ariens LM21 Commercial walk behinds.
Echo SRM28 trimmers.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:11 AM
LawnSite Member

[QUOTE=mjstef;4717843]Won't do no good. Liberal gun haters are confused by facts.....[/QUOTE

Liberals = That’s one kind of life that’s really messed up.
Old 03-24-2013, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Member

I do have some liberal friends that seem to only think there is only one way in life. there way. So I can not bring up some things. Or I will not hear the end of it. But for the most part we get along.