Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-17-2013, 09:17 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassGuerilla View Post
Zen?
Posted via Mobile Device
And I closed bars down for 2 straight years after my divorce!

I think I'm blessed.

F-150
14' landscape trailer
52'' Wright Stander
21'' Personal Pace
Stihl handhelds
Old 04-17-2013, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstifel View Post
haha i was always about physical contact sports. My dad has a paper clipping hanging out from when i was probably in 5th grade and won the local wrestling tourney they asked what i liked about wrestling and i said i could people without getting in trouble for it. He thought that was pretty funny.
I worked out with the football team in highschool. left benching some 260 lbs.

tho the other guys were like, 400
Old 04-17-2013, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassGuerilla View Post
It's nice to hear that some of you have had such wonderfully bliss lives. Having worked in some bad neighborhoods in North St Louis, I've witnessed drive by shootings (yes plural). I've seen a young kid of around 12 years old riding a bicycle stops, pulls out a small handgun and pop a mag full into a tree (apparently just making a statement).

Caught a guy once in a customers house. He was actually ripping copper out of a vacation house. I called the owners then the police. Cops got there fast for a change (probably because I told them the burglar was still there). When they brought him out in cuffs, he said, "I saw you just before they got here, if I had my gun, I would have shot you in your face".

These are really just a handful of experiences. There had certainly been other times I wished I was Armed. The guy that straight told me he would have shot me made my mind up. There are bad people in this world that will kill you for almost nothing.http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mobile...n_1810962.html

Young lady was killed in a nice area for her IPhone.

This isn't like not having a spare tire when you have a flat. Your choice, my experience tells me better to have and hopefully never need. In case your wondering, no, I would t have shot any of those people unless I felt I had to. I've had times since I started carrying that I've been glad to have a means of defense. As of yet, I haven't shot anyone.
Posted via Mobile Device
Why the heck do you do work there?????????????????

what amount of money is worth such a huge chance of being an innocent by standard?
Old 04-17-2013, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Didn't seem that dangerous when I started. And no, I won't work on the Borth side anymore. Just too many crackheads and heroine zombies. Sometime the effort to provide for your family takes you to undesirable places. Sometimes the undesirables leave their nest and seek an easy buck.

At any rate, experience has taught me things can go bad quick.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-25-2013, 07:35 AM
LawnSite Member

Carry daily. Concealed means concealed. Most of my customers dont notice, but if they do I politely point out that I work by myself, in a insecured work enviroment with thousands of dollars worth of tools with me at all times which enable me to feed my family. Even the anti gunners seem to agree with me at that point.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-25-2013, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

in Michigan you can be denied a pistol license if you get caught peeing in the woods.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:52 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Much like all landscapers claim to be licensed and insured, gun owners talk high and mighty too.
That is why anytime I see a pistol, I call the police.
Oh, they get there quick, someone carrying a pistol puts me in fear for my life.
As for all the big bravo bull macho talk?
They can explain it to the cops.

You'd be surprised how many are not licensed at all.

Last edited by herler; 04-25-2013 at 09:56 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:53 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Your gun phobia is not healthy.
Old 04-25-2013, 10:10 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Much like all landscapers claim to be licensed and insured, gun owners talk high and mighty too.
Oh, they get there quick, someone carrying a pistol puts me in fear for my life.

that really doesn't make any sense. the people that allow you to see then carrying a pistol are the ones that would use that pistol to save YOUR life. the criminals hide them.

if you want to fear some one fear the criminals. not the law abiding citizens. or better yet the real enemy. politicians. do you know with the patriot act and the ndaa you no longer have your 3rd 4th and 5th amendment rights? and some are using it to take away 1st amendment rights. although carefully read it does not specifically state the last. but that is still the result.

I would suggest you actually read the constitution and bill of rights and learn why we have the right to bare arms. it's NOT so we can protect our selves from criminals
Old 04-25-2013, 10:37 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post

You are so full of BS it is pathetic. You have no clue about any of this. You don't like guns, fine, but don't come onto a public forum and post BS that you can't back up with proof. How do you know who is licensed and who isn't? Maybe someone should call the cops or DOT every time they see you pull up to a job with your mower (if you actuallly own one). They have no way to know if you are licensed and insured any more than you do when you see someone with a gun (just how many times has that actually been truthfully).You can have a sign on your truck door that says you are, but that doesn't prove anything. No, they should call just because you could be some mugger or rapist, is that it? Great logic