Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-27-2013, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Talk all the trash you want herler. At the end of the day I plan to go home. There are people out there that wouldn't think twice about killing you and selling all your gear for a couple dollars. Law abiding citizens carrying a gun are no threat to you at all.

If you've ever been robbed at gun point you might understand the saying; I'd rather. Be tried by twelve than carried by six. And it's attitudes like yours (and attorneys) that have created an environment where many would simply watch you be robbed without doing anything. You rant about gun bravado while apparently assuming the posture of a sheep.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2013, 11:10 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by herler View Post
Many Americans use the self-defense mentality.
Many don't understand life in prison, many more own illegal guns, not that it's necessarily illegal for them to have it but many don't register it proper, although they all say it's registered and have all the proper licenses, many do not.

But you can believe one thing, when someone gets shot, self-defense or not, at an absolute minimum the shooter is looking at a court case which means showing up in front of a judge over top of criminal charges, just pulling a gun out in front of a stranger almost translates to going to jail, but here in America many of these so-called gun rights activists don't understand that.

Anyone pulls a gun out in front of me and they will be explaining it to the police.
I so much as see it, tucked away in a holster, I make a phone call.
Don't come within eye sight of me with a weapon.
So how many times has a concealed carrier pulled a gun out on you? You see many guns tucked in holsters? My state allows open carry, does yours? Concealed cary is almost everywhere, open cary is legal in many states. Do you make it a habbit to call the police on people not breaking laws?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2013, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Our state allows open carry too. But virtually all municipalities ban open carry here. Wish it was legal, it would certainly be a deterrent.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2013, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Its wishful thinking that your going to call the police if a CRIMINAL pulls a gun on you...Good luck with that!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2013, 11:23 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassGuerilla View Post
Our state allows open carry too. But virtually all municipalities ban open carry here. Wish it was legal, it would certainly be a deterrent.
Posted via Mobile Device
It use to be common here to see open carry. Not so much anymore. Concealed carry is very common.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2013, 11:35 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

If we carried any firearm we would be left with probably a handful of accounts. The main problem is we have schools to mow on our route and they are ZERO tolerance about firearms. I will agree with the guys who say some people value their next fix over another persons life and that is why they carry.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:37 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrassGuerilla View Post
Talk all the trash you want herler. At the end of the day I plan to go home. There are people out there that wouldn't think twice about killing you and selling all your gear for a couple dollars. Law abiding citizens carrying a gun are no threat to you at all.

If you've ever been robbed at gun point you might understand the saying; I'd rather. Be tried by twelve than carried by six. And it's attitudes like yours (and attorneys) that have created an environment where many would simply watch you be robbed without doing anything. You rant about gun bravado while apparently assuming the posture of a sheep.
Posted via Mobile Device
I probably couldn't have said it any better..

F150 Ext Cab Long Bed
Carry-On 5x10 Open trailer
48" John Deere HD75 Hydro w/ Floating deck & Sulky
36" Bobcat WB Fixed Deck w/ Sulky
Turfco WB Aerator
Scotts Industrial Tiller
Honda 3000 PSI Pressure Washer
Little Wonder 9HP Blower
Stihl BR 600 Magnum Blower
Stihl Br 550 Magnum Blower
Stihl Fs 130
Stihl HL 100 Hedge Trimmer
Stihl MS 170 Chain Saw
Echo SRM 250 Trimmer
Echo PE 225 Edger
Old 02-27-2013, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrs.landscaping View Post
If we carried any firearm we would be left with probably a handful of accounts. The main problem is we have schools to mow on our route and they are ZERO tolerance about firearms. I will agree with the guys who say some people value their next fix over another persons life and that is why they carry.
Yup, part of being a responsible carrier is planning ahead. Gun free zones are a fact of life now. Whats really funny is when I was in high school guns were almost in every parked vehicle as hunting was a very popular after school activity.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2013, 11:43 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
Yup, part of being a responsible carrier is planning ahead. Gun free zones are a fact of life now. Whats really funny is when I was in high school guns were almost in every parked vehicle as hunting was a very popular after school activity.
Posted via Mobile Device
My father and his friends used to have gun racks in their trucks during hunting season. With the current culture if kids bring a wrist rocket into school they are expelled. I can't really blame society given some of the events in recent years.
Old 02-27-2013, 11:47 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Herler, I've thought on this a minute now. If you want to come drive my truck and trailer full of gear in either north St Louis, or east St Louis around 3:30-4:00 on a Friday afternoon. Ill cut the grass, you just watch the truck. k sweety?

Ill bet you'll revise your "gun policy".
Posted via Mobile Device