Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 07-04-2014, 08:15 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh_Cut View Post
This. This is the underlying issue with most of these posts. Insecurity is the worst reason to carry.

If you feel vulnerable without a pistol, you don't need one.
Posted via Mobile Device
That has to be one of the stupidest statement I have yet to see on this site falls in with PPL's stupid postings.

Especially coming from Georgia who has the best laws around now.

Must be some left winger weirdo

Today is the fourth and that statement is ******ed, I will open carry today FREEDOM

2014 JD 920M 7-Iron Pro 48" 23.5 hp Kawi
Echo - 210, 225
5x10 (upgrading winter)

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.
Arthur Schopenhauer, (1788 – 1860)
Old 07-04-2014, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntide View Post
That has to be one of the stupidest statement I have yet to see on this site falls in with PPL's stupid postings.

Today is the fourth and that statement is ******ed, I will open carry today FREEDOM
Big thumbs up
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-04-2014, 02:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by southerntide View Post

Not left wing at all. I just know I don't "need" a gun. My wits are enough.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-04-2014, 03:10 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Not left wing at all. I just know I don't "need" a gun. My wits are enough.
Posted via Mobile Device
Needing a gun is a personal choice. But sometimes witt is not enough. Sometimes trouble comes lookng for you
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-04-2014, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Right. I don't feel vulnerable and don't carry at work. I do, however, have my ccw and I'm well trained. I never feel vulnerable because I have skills to avoid confrontation, but sometimes when I'm in higher risk areas I prefer to supplement my wit with a fire extinguisher should there ever be a fire. Never feel vulnerable, sometimes I carry some times I don't. My choice.

Confused. Maybe you misunderstood what I wrote.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by getdown View Post
I don't feel vulnerable.
This. This is the underlying issue with most of these posts. Insecurity is the worst reason to carry.

If you feel vulnerable without a pistol, you don't need one.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-04-2014, 10:29 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Criminals do not change their behaviors based on their potential victims "feelings"
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-04-2014, 10:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I not worried about criminals.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:53 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't need one in my glove box. I cant reach my glove box from where I drive... My employee can. You're very confrontational for no reason birdseed. I'm not raining on your parade. I'm an avid gun owner and have my ccw. I just rarely carry. Its uncomfortable and don't want to...and its a free country. I think you're more invested in this conversation than I am so I'm going to amicably clock out on this one. I still pity anybody who should try to break into my castle.
Old 07-04-2014, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm just saying that I made a very bland original comment (I don't carry because I sweat a lot and it's uncomfortable and not worth it to me...I don't feel vulnerable)...fresh-cut sort of took a line from me out of context that angered the pro gun guys and I somehow became thrown in as being against guns which I'm not...I just chose not to carry daily because I work in gated golf communities...I only made a mundane comment and have zero interest in arguing politics. I'm 100% for gun rights and would carry under different circumstances. Don't know why my line was twisted ('I don't feel vulnerable') or how that got me in the middle of this...review my original comment before I had to "defend" myself lol.
Old 07-05-2014, 12:03 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcgreenspro View Post
Never had a need for a gun. Been in more fights (lost most of em) than I care to remember. But, you guys make it sound like roving gangs of thugs are looking for landscaping equipment on every corner. Somebody wants my stuff, I will gladly give them with my wallet. I have insurance.
Also, for the guys out in deep wilderness with animals that can kill you, that might be a different story

Haha agreed I have insurance. Although it would probably never get that far...most likely person in the neighborhoods I work in would be a teenager and they would probably get scared if I yelled at them and would go running...not violent offenders, just kids being dumb. If they escalated anything they could just have it mad that's what insurance is for...I think the mindset is different for people in more dangerous areas or people who just want to imagine they are a cowboy. Too much John Wayne on the weekends...I'm a gun guy...but I'm not obsessed. There's definitely a difference between the ordinary gun rights advocate and the gung-ho internet fanatics that might be a little too into guns and the "lifestyle". I like cars too but it's luckily not a political topic and there aren't many car evangelists.