Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-01-2013, 04:03 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I do. On me and one in the truck.
All Echo hand helds
<- That's how I feel at the end of the day.
Old 03-01-2013, 06:03 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i'm gonna get an automatic aiming gatlin gun put on the rops of my mower. if anyone come into the yard while i'm working they are gonna get blown to pieces.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLawnCare1 View Post
i'm gonna get an automatic aiming gatlin gun put on the rops of my mower. if anyone come into the yard while i'm working they are gonna get blown to pieces.
That literally made me LOL. LOL!
-Grasshopper front mount 61", gravely 52"
-36" Gravely Walkbehind, 21" exmark push mower
-Stihl everything
Old 03-02-2013, 07:38 AM
LawnSite Member

The comment was made that when a cop pulls you over just pull your gun out and have it laying somewhere when he comes up to the vehicle....WRONG. DO NOT DO THIS. When you are pulled over, an officer is watching your movements at all times, it is part of the training. If you are moving around, reaching, etc. and then he notices it is a gun, you will have a gun pointing at you, I promise you. Correct procedure: You have a gun concealed and are pulled over, put both hands on the steering wheel and tell the officer you have a gun in the vehicle. where it is located and that you have a concealed carry permit (hopefully you do, or you may go to jail). The officer will most likely ask you to step out of the vehicle and should pat you down. He could make you stay in the vehicle and obtain the gun and run it to make sure you are legit. The worst thing you can do is to pull it out before the officer gets to your vehicle because if he is doing what he should be, he will notice and you may not like what happens.

Last edited by JR's Lawn Service; 03-02-2013 at 07:44 AM.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:36 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwoodall View Post
The comment was made that when a cop pulls you over just pull your gun out and have it laying somewhere when he comes up to the vehicle....WRONG. DO NOT DO THIS. When you are pulled over, an officer is watching your movements at all times, it is part of the training. If you are moving around, reaching, etc. and then he notices it is a gun, you will have a gun pointing at you, I promise you. Correct procedure: You have a gun concealed and are pulled over, put both hands on the steering wheel and tell the officer you have a gun in the vehicle. where it is located and that you have a concealed carry permit (hopefully you do, or you may go to jail). The officer will most likely ask you to step out of the vehicle and should pat you down. He could make you stay in the vehicle and obtain the gun and run it to make sure you are legit. The worst thing you can do is to pull it out before the officer gets to your vehicle because if he is doing what he should be, he will notice and you may not like what happens.
+1 except that in Missouri at least you can conceal a gun in your vehicle with or without a permit. You can even conceal it on your person in the car. You can't legally step out of the car with the weapon concealed though. Unless of course you have a CCW.

Yeah, fishing around and pulling out a gun as a cop approaches your vehicle is a good way to get dead.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2013, 09:40 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
One of my best friends is a cop and I asked him what I should do. He said there is no use making a cop nervous. Dont say anything and keep your weapon concealed. Only when asked if you have a weapon on you or in the vehicle would you first say I have a permit then whether the weapon is on you or in the vehicle.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2013, 11:08 AM
LawnSite Member

GMLC..that could be one way to handle it, but don't agree with it myself. When an officer checks a drivers license, it will show whether that individual has a ccdw permit. I would always ask them afterwards, if they had a weapon in the vehicle just so I knew, in case things got silly because they received a ticket or whatever. Also, if someone has a gun that becomes apparent later in the stop (in the glove box when the individual is getting paperwork, etc.), can make things interesting. But, it depends on how you look at the situation.
Old 03-02-2013, 11:15 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
GMLC..that could be one way to handle it, but don't agree with it myself. When an officer checks a drivers license, it will show whether that individual has a ccdw permit. I would always ask them afterwards, if they had a weapon in the vehicle just so I knew, in case things got silly because they received a ticket or whatever. Also, if someone has a gun that becomes apparent later in the stop (in the glove box when the individual is getting paperwork, etc.), can make things interesting. But, it depends on how you look at the situation.
Good points, especially the glove box. I was told, at least here in NH, there is no way for the officer to know we have a ccw permit by our license?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2013, 11:32 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do not need one. If you can carry yourself with a swagger that say's COME GET SOME *********, you don't need one either.

I stay in the rich neighborHOODZ anyway and make my $$$$$....haha
04 Chevy 3500
04 F350 Diesel
4 60" Toro Zmaster/Lesco 48"
3 8'2" Boss V-Plows
Hiniker 9'6" V-Plow
20' Enclosed trailer/16' Open trailer
18' Skid Loader Trailer
2012 S185 Bobcat 2-Speed

Last edited by Charles; 03-02-2013 at 08:06 PM. Reason: Language
Old 03-02-2013, 12:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

i carry my wallet in my front left pocket. i'm always afraid while i'm digging to get it out, since my license and insurance card is in there, that a cop is gonna think i'm reaching around for a gun or something.