Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 02-07-2003, 08:37 PM
LawnSite Member

What do you think of this FLYER

Here's a flyer whooped up. I can make some quick changes, and possibly even fix it up, suggest what you may...keep in mind im a student paying for my tuition

SCROLL DOWN

Last edited by jslawncare; 02-07-2003 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:39 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Wheres The Flyer?
Old 02-07-2003, 08:40 PM
LawnSite Member

Sorry for it being so big
Old 02-07-2003, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

All I see is a small box with a red x in it.
Old 02-07-2003, 08:46 PM
LawnSite Member

hete

BTW those lines in hte middle are from microsoft publisher, and i fixed the extra digit in the phone #
Attached Images

Last edited by jslawncare; 02-07-2003 at 09:00 PM.
Old 02-07-2003, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

How can you justify the $20? Or are you only putting them at houses that are worth $20. And I'm not sure, because I aint got no english edumaction, but Mowing, trim, and blowing. why not "trimming" instead of "trim"?
Other than that I like the lay-out and everything!
Old 02-07-2003, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Member

was thinking about that, but its no biggie, its just a lawn flyer...not a thesis statement or a book...
Old 02-07-2003, 09:28 PM
LawnSite Member

hey J
It is very easy on the eyes and I like the over all look. I will tell you what I learned my first times using fliers and what I have read on here.

The main point I have learned is that" The people that want someone to mow their grass just want someone to mow their grass." Keep this in mind. What I mean by this is that you are going to catch the attention of people that are looking for someone to mow their grass. It doesnt not take a bunch of marketing techniques to get customers. When people have someone to mow their grass it is going to be hard to get them to switch. Okay back to your flier.

Most people here will tell you not to mention that your a college student. It is not nessary and really it might give a more harmful result then not metioning it. I to am a college student. There is no tneed to mention it. (remember what most people think when it comes to college students, old and young people)

About the price. There is a split arguement about mentioning price. Most people will tell you not to do it and I agree. By stating the price you are limitng you options when you show up at their house. you never know what you are getting into. Just always say give free estimates. Remember most people will keep the current guy they have even if they are slighly upset with them becasue they dont want the risk of getting a worse person.
Also since you are advertisng the price i assume it is a discount compared to other lco's. This will attract PITA cusotmers (pain in the ...) but you may be like me, and deal with them to pay for college.

I think you should just mention the mowing sevices and etc. and leave it at that. If the cusotmer is intersted they will call. If they are not they won't. It is that simple.

I too used a coupon to try to get accounts. Guess what happened. Almost everyone of them said dont worry about it. SO next year I got rid of that idea. Thats how I learned that people (and asking cusotmers) that they either need their grass mowed or they dont. Thats why they call

Also is that phone # right I have never seen a 4 digidt area code

If you are worried about extra white space in your flier if you took all that stuff out just make the ad smaller and put two on one piece of paper and cut it in two. Saves money to.

Sorry it was so long. I should be doing homework so thats proabably why you got so much from me.

looks good,
caleb
Old 02-07-2003, 09:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks man, I fixed the phone number, although Ive been doing it awhile I think that mentioning that im a college kid definately saves me because they might be expecting something from a professional, i mean im good, but im sure if they had a 'professional' lawn care come out, it might look better than me. A college student means im not fully dedicated, and if they know i need money, not just a business out to make money. but rather to fund my education they might choose me... You guys always ***** about the price, but I think its very fair, and it beats a LOT of guys in the area, and I should be able to pick up some customers...I dont know we'll see

Thanks,
Jason
Old 02-07-2003, 09:41 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Unless your doing all small lots like in a moblie home park,I would get rid of the price. NO two lawns are the same. Put something like "competitive prices" instead.

If you choked a Smurf, what color would it turn?

I'd give my right hand , if I could be ambidextrous!