Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-27-2013, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I took a cratsman tape measure back to sears and they gave me a stanlely. Sears is out of the tape measure bsuiness and when the stanly wears out Im screwed. The lack of customer service actually forces me to just buy the cheap stuff and throw it away when it breaks.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

They do make commercial grade hand tools. Just like Snap-On, your not going to find them at big box stores and they cost 10X more.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-27-2013, 04:32 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

larry I was in the same boat a while back part of the reason i switched to kobalt they have lifetime no questions on tape measures
Old 02-27-2013, 04:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryinalabama View Post
I took a cratsman tape measure back to sears and they gave me a stanlely. Sears is out of the tape measure bsuiness and when the stanly wears out Im screwed. The lack of customer service actually forces me to just buy the cheap stuff and throw it away when it breaks.
i thought craftsman had a lifetime warranty on all of their tools? they don't do that anymore?
Old 02-27-2013, 04:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones68 View Post
larry I was in the same boat a while back part of the reason i switched to kobalt they have lifetime no questions on tape measures
I think Ill start using more Lowes stuff, the Home Depoit in my aera wont take anything back and has horrible customer service.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:43 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonsLawnCare1 View Post
i thought craftsman had a lifetime warranty on all of their tools? they don't do that anymore?
TYhey do but thaey dont offer tape meausers anymore, so they replace them with Stanlely, after that your own your own.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMLC View Post
They do make commercial grade hand tools. Just like Snap-On, your not going to find them at big box stores and they cost 10X more.
Posted via Mobile Device
I have a 5 gallon bucket of broken Snapon tools. A whole lot of the dealers went out of business, and the ones left wont warranty anything unless your buying a bunch of stuff from them.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

my dad has all craftsman tools. i bought all stanley. i think stanley is better to be honest.

when i bought them they sold a ton of stanley tools at walmart. they hardly sell any tools at walmart anymore though. maybe a hammer or a screwdriver and a measuring tape but that's about it lol.

you can return anything at walmart. i knew a guy that used to buy watches there and wear them for 5 years or until they broke and then he'd take it back and get a new one. no receipt they will swap it out for the same exact thing. they have no idea when you bought it.

that doesn't really work anymore though since they've basically almost changed everything they carry in the store.

that same guy's wife had her oil changed at walmart. they didn't tighten the oil filter down tight enough and all of the oil leaked out of her engine and it blew up. walmart paid for them a brand new engine. i guess those two knew how to work the system.

i'm just too honest and too lazy to put that much effort into scamming companies into doing things for free to be like those two.

Last edited by weeze; 02-27-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Old 02-27-2013, 04:58 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

What tixx me off is everyone wants to sell a extended warrany, which they never honor.
Old 02-27-2013, 05:01 PM
LawnSite Member

I have pretty much 90% snap on tools from when I worked for Caterpillar and I never have a problem swapping them. I think a lot depends on the guy holding the franchise in that area. I am just down the road from you Larry , if u want me to swap them let me k ow I will help u out.