Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-14-2013, 10:22 PM
LawnSite Member

One Customer Tomorrow

If you had to gain one new customer tomorrow, how would you go about getting them? In a cost effective manner.

I am just starting out and looking for ideas and advice. I have had about 6 calls, done 2 estimates and and got one one-time cut. I'm limited on the jobs I can take right now because I only have the 22" Toro. I want to buy a 36-48 walk behind, but not until the jobs are there and I have to have it.
Echo 500 BP Blower
Echo 225 Trimmer
Toro Combo head
with edger and hedge trimmer attachment
Old 04-14-2013, 10:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Start pounding the pavement! Go door to door, ask some local businesses if you can leave some business cards with them. Put up some flyers! Network!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-15-2013, 02:51 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

To answer your question exactly as you have written it their is only one way... you must approch someone and ask for the job
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-15-2013, 09:44 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I have never told anybody this secret before but I feel generous this morning as I am being blessed with a brand spanking new Walker MT26 this week....... So, I see you are from Birmingham? Well, I just Wikipedia'd that fine city and the population is 212,413.... Another really interesting fact is that the Birmingham/Hoover Metropolitan area has a population of 1,128,047... Now, unfortunately this is not your target customer base because of things like apartment complexes, public housing, and colleges. But, even if you take 1 million people and say out of those million, 250,000 are home owners(you can actually get this number if you dig enough online)
Now, here is the secret! Ask yourself this...... Out of 250,000 people... Can I get 30 of them to give me 30 dollars a week for an amazing service that will make their lives easier? 30....... 30 ....... 30 people out of 250,00!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OF COURSE YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The minute you start looking at things this way, you will start getting customers left and right, believe me. And you don't need a walk behind to be in business.... Target smaller lawns for a while or if you get a bigger lawn, charge extra for the "21 in. finish cut" hahaha... It's all what you make it my friend