Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-28-2013, 01:57 PM
LawnSite Member

Love my Scag V-Ride 52" thing is a beast!
Old 02-28-2013, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

the new john deere stander is a wright. if you mow alot of hills get that.

if you don't mow alot of hills get a scag v-ride.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:38 PM
LawnSite Member

i went out today and test drove the vantage, pro-stance, ferris evolution,and i have 2 seasons on a stander rh.
i want to check out v-ride. my dealer for scag was $7,140 with a 730fx. i liked all other except the evolution. pro-stance was $7,350 drove nice seems kind of big, but has bigger hydro pumps 12cc. bigger front tires too. over all i liked the exmark the best but it is 8000 for a demo with 50 hr. when i mowed with the stander rh it sucked on hills(i think the owner had too much air in the tires), but is smaller than the others and i like that. i need to check out the scag v ride. thanks for everyones post
Old 02-28-2013, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alluring Lawns View Post
only bad thing i have seen about the v-ride is that it scalps easy and not good on hills. is this true, or do they do just fine. i loved the turf tiger when i used it.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:38 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alluring Lawns View Post
only bad thing i have seen about the v-ride is that it scalps easy and not good on hills. is this true, or do they do just fine. i loved the turf tiger when i used it.
Old 02-28-2013, 04:50 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbroderman View Post
i went out today and test drove the vantage, pro-stance, ferris evolution,and i have 2 seasons on a stander rh.
i want to check out v-ride. my dealer for scag was $7,140 with a 730fx. i liked all other except the evolution. pro-stance was $7,350 drove nice seems kind of big, but has bigger hydro pumps 12cc. bigger front tires too. over all i liked the exmark the best but it is 8000 for a demo with 50 hr. when i mowed with the stander rh it sucked on hills(i think the owner had too much air in the tires), but is smaller than the others and i like that. i need to check out the scag v ride. thanks for everyones post
Im glad you got a chance to demo! Did you get to cut? The Pro-Stance is an industrial strength machine. Its built better than it has to be! Believe it or not it has one of the shortest wheel bases of all standers. It appears big due to the size of the frame. It sticks to hills like glue!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2013, 04:55 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbroderman View Post
i've heard both sides of the story. some say they do bad on hills and others say they do fine on hills.

i've never used a stander so i have no idea what any of them do.
Old 02-28-2013, 05:33 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Buying the JD is just paying a premium for the green paint, unless he is a stellar dealer. Hills are usually more about operator skill than machine. The Ferris Evo really isn't a true stander. What didn't you like about them? I was considering a switch since we need 36ers for almost every property and the guys would like to sit once in while. It would also free up trailer space.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2013, 07:10 PM
LawnSite Member

the evolution was okay but it was so wet i didnt get to mow, just drive around. the handles made it hard to do a three point turn smoothly, could get easier after ten min. no bar to help hold on to when you back up, just felt wierd.
Old 02-28-2013, 07:51 PM
LawnSite Member

I sold my 52 vride cause it was slippy on hills , my dealer is putting together a Frankenstein stander, Toro controls , I think a wright drive system, and a scag velocity deck, should be a beast, hope he puts a big block on it, should be sick!

Tags
pro-stance , stander , v-ride , vantage