Register free!

Old 02-28-2013, 03:12 PM
LawnSite Member

T3000 Carrier Rack

Hey everyone... I finally purchased a T3000 Ride on sprayer spreader. I have concerns about the rough terrain that i encounter on my routes. I am located in Morgantown, WV and there are pot holes and bad road quality everywhere. I am looking to get a carrier rack that I can mount on the back of my truck. I am wondering if any of you lot know where to get one made? I am thinking that a double hitch system will work better. Anyone know of someone who makes these????????? Can I get their contact info please??
Attached Images

Old 02-28-2013, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

There is an active posting in the fertilizer section about this.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.p...09#post4689009
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-28-2013, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

A full service trailer hitch or snowplow shop should be able to do this. See above link.
Old 03-01-2013, 12:30 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-01-2013, 10:51 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Check out our sponsor.
http://www.sourceoneope.com/ezHaulr.html
Of course you would need a trailer hitch company to add additional tubes.
You could use the stock one tube...add an additional tube on the right...or additional tubes on the left and right bolted to the truck frame members. This requires a heavy duty truck, of course.
Old 03-01-2013, 03:36 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Riggle, Thats the idea that I have come up with that will work for me. I actually bought one from B and Btech. Their rack looks a little more stout and he has been making them for a long time. I will just have to get my truck to the welder and have him fabricate from there. AAAAANNNNNDD GO!
Old 03-01-2013, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Keep in mind that two tube racks are difficult to remove. Even a slightly uneven pull on the platform will cause it to jam at an angle. Are you planning on a one-piece type or a set-up where you unbolt the tubes from the wheel channels? (Easier to remove because the individual pieces weigh about 50 pounds each. )
Keep in mind that you want a tie-down system that will prevent hop-out at railroad crossings.
Keep in mind that steep up-drives may cause the platform to drag on the cement.
Keep in mind that drivers at times forget to fold up the ramps before driving away. (I should know.)
Keep in mind that fertilizer, high humidity and steel result in rust. Don't be surprised.
Keep in mind that it will be more difficult to load and unload bags of fert. I loaded fert from the side of the truck, as I could not lower the tailgate. To fill the hopper I used to park closely along side the left side of the truck. I would stand in the bed and pour the fert from the bag into my Permagreen hopper.
Otherwise very strong, you will love it.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:43 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RigglePLC View Post
Keep in mind that two tube racks are difficult to remove. Even a slightly uneven pull on the platform will cause it to jam at an angle. Are you planning on a one-piece type or a set-up where you unbolt the tubes from the wheel channels? (Easier to remove because the individual pieces weigh about 50 pounds each. )
Keep in mind that you want a tie-down system that will prevent hop-out at railroad crossings.
Keep in mind that steep up-drives may cause the platform to drag on the cement.
Keep in mind that drivers at times forget to fold up the ramps before driving away. (I should know.)
Keep in mind that fertilizer, high humidity and steel result in rust. Don't be surprised.
Keep in mind that it will be more difficult to load and unload bags of fert. I loaded fert from the side of the truck, as I could not lower the tailgate. To fill the hopper I used to park closely along side the left side of the truck. I would stand in the bed and pour the fert from the bag into my Permagreen hopper.
Otherwise very strong, you will love it.
Spoken like a man with experience! Thanks for the great tips, I will definitely keep them in mind. I always have a man with me so having a double hitch system will not be a problem for me and him.

I think the most difficult obstacle I will have to encounter is, like you said, it will be more difficult to load fert on the truck. I might lose a few minutes here and there for that but I should be able to make that up exponentially with my T3000.
Old 03-04-2013, 10:03 PM
LawnSite Member

heres one that i built, actually i build two for my trucks yes deff want two solid 2inch to hold this up.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/j2ssobcohns12ky/lLdiflmrQ0
Walk Spreaders
Spray Tanks
Ride on Spreaders/Sprayers
Blowers
Aerators
Old 03-04-2013, 10:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Opps link didnt work.....

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0no0kbbznkcfsr6/zo4sDTXp1g
Walk Spreaders
Spray Tanks