Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 06-01-2014, 06:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Vride with a Grassflap

Installed the grassflap on my vride today. I had the option to use a pedal mount, or a hand mount. I am trying out the pedal mount first, and will probably try the handle mount eventually as well. I already found a place to mount it with some provided spacers so it wont be a problem getting it to work. David @ grassflap has been great to deal with. I'm looking forward to trying it out this week.
Attached Images

Old 06-01-2014, 09:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

So, is the Grassflap unit open or closed only or can you modulate it so it is open a bit to deflect clippings?

Looks like you put the foot pedal on the platform. If so, can the platform still be raised to an upright and lcoked position?

Keep us posted on your observations.

Thanks.
Old 06-01-2014, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

this is on my 2010 vride. the NEW vrides, have a larger 1 piece folding platform. on mine, just the back part flips up, like a few inches width. Yes you can modulate between half open just by pressing your foot on it. it only goes full open/closed when you stomp the pedal and let off completely. its a soft enough amount of pressure that its easy to hold halfway open and still drive with. the lever mount however, locks into different positions and hold there. so you can run it 1/2 open, 1/4 open etc. but I wanted to try the pedal first because I wont have to pull my hands off the machine to adjust it. you can open/close this thing as fast and you can stomp the pedal twice. I went out and cut my mother in laws today just to test it out. works great in some spots I was having trouble with not shooting grass into things. I also ran with it closed on a few passes. if not too thick it runs like a mulcher. if it is too thick it will leave a line of grass. I'll be putting it to the real test this week when Im on it for 8 hours a day.
Old 06-02-2014, 01:28 AM
LawnSite Member

Do you know if they make one for the 36" V-Ride?
Old 06-02-2014, 08:39 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I believe they do. I told him I want one for my 36'' vride if this worked out well on my 52'' and didn't hear anything about him not making one.