Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #81  
Old 04-02-2013, 11:00 PM
RSK Property Maintenance's Avatar
RSK Property Maintenance RSK Property Maintenance is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manchester,CT
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnlandscaping&design View Post
That is one virgin cheetah RSK hope she works well for ya
I bought it brand new in june 2012, so that picture was probably the day i picked it up or the day after, I know i saved a lot of time on my accounts, lawns that would take 20 mins with my 48" scag tiger cub took half the time. and it has been working great for me, i picked up a triple shell bagger for it right around october and that has saved me huge amounts of time on my fall clean ups, and made me a lot of money. one of the best things i bought so far. I really don't know how i did my clean ups without a bagger system before.
__________________
fully lic. and ins. 10yrs exp.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 04-02-2013, 11:13 PM
Green-Man Green-Man is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runners View Post
52" 29 EFI Kohler TT waiting to be picked up.

How much did that run you? That is a perfect combination that 52" deck and 29hp motor should be unstoppable!
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 04-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Blade Runners's Avatar
Blade Runners Blade Runners is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Woodlawn, TN
Posts: 917
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnlandscaping&design View Post
are you in the service?
Not anymore. Retired after 20 yrs Army, Field Artillery Been contracting over here for the past 6 years.
__________________

Scag mowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Blade Runners, LLC
Lawn Service Clarksville TN
Lawn Care Clarksville TN

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
-Og Mandino
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 04-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Scagman 48's Avatar
Scagman 48 Scagman 48 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden State
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runners View Post
Not anymore. Retired after 20 yrs Army, Field Artillery Been contracting over here for the past 6 years.
god bless you man! i wouldn't even have the balls to go over there....
__________________
Trucks
1999 Ford Expedition
Trailers
2006 Carry on 5x8 trailer
2014 Haulmark 7x14 trailer
Mowers
2003 Scag Tiger Cub 48"
Toro Timemaster 30"
Handhelds
2Redmax EBZ-7500
Redmax BCZ2460ts
Echo Srm-230
Echo Hc-152
Echo Cs600P
Toro Power Head
Leaf Equipment
8hp Billy Goat Blower
9hp Billy Goat Force blower
Pesticide/Fertilizer Equipment
Lesco 80lb Spreader
Chapin 4gal sprayers


Volunteer Firefighter

Hustlin' Since 2010
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 04-02-2013, 11:21 PM
Scagman 48's Avatar
Scagman 48 Scagman 48 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden State
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
I bought it brand new in june 2012, so that picture was probably the day i picked it up or the day after, I know i saved a lot of time on my accounts, lawns that would take 20 mins with my 48" scag tiger cub took half the time. and it has been working great for me, i picked up a triple shell bagger for it right around october and that has saved me huge amounts of time on my fall clean ups, and made me a lot of money. one of the best things i bought so far. I really don't know how i did my clean ups without a bagger system before.
i have a scag tiger cub with 2k hrs on it but the dealer says its still going all that matters to me
__________________
Trucks
1999 Ford Expedition
Trailers
2006 Carry on 5x8 trailer
2014 Haulmark 7x14 trailer
Mowers
2003 Scag Tiger Cub 48"
Toro Timemaster 30"
Handhelds
2Redmax EBZ-7500
Redmax BCZ2460ts
Echo Srm-230
Echo Hc-152
Echo Cs600P
Toro Power Head
Leaf Equipment
8hp Billy Goat Blower
9hp Billy Goat Force blower
Pesticide/Fertilizer Equipment
Lesco 80lb Spreader
Chapin 4gal sprayers


Volunteer Firefighter

Hustlin' Since 2010
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 04-02-2013, 11:36 PM
RSK Property Maintenance's Avatar
RSK Property Maintenance RSK Property Maintenance is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manchester,CT
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnlandscaping&design View Post
i have a scag tiger cub with 2k hrs on it but the dealer says its still going all that matters to me
oh scags in general last, my buddy has a turf tiger he bought new in 2004 and has 3200 hours and it's still in great shape, even he put a new motor in it at 3100 hours, even though it only needed a top end. I got rid of my tiger cub with 985 hours. i just wasn't satisfied with having a sub standard rider for my area, and i really wanted a bagger system but knowing that i wasn't gonna keep the mower because it was under powered with the 19hp kawi and it had a small deck (48") i held out, but i ended up getting 3,950 for a trade in towards the new machine, and back in 2005 i only payed 6300 for the machine new so i thought that was pretty good considering how much that machine made me.
__________________
fully lic. and ins. 10yrs exp.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 04-03-2013, 01:26 AM
StrokerTurbo7.3's Avatar
StrokerTurbo7.3 StrokerTurbo7.3 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Richmond, Indiana
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green-Man View Post
How much did that run you? That is a perfect combination that 52" deck and 29hp motor should be unstoppable!
I was quoted $10,800+tax for a 61" TT with the EFI Kohler. I still went with the 61" Tiger Cat because of price and weight difference.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 04-03-2013, 07:21 AM
Green-Man Green-Man is online now
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Sunny South Florida
Posts: 678
Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokerTurbo7.3 View Post
I was quoted $10,800+tax for a 61" TT with the EFI Kohler. I still went with the 61" Tiger Cat because of price and weight difference.
Posted via Mobile Device
Ohh so you didn't get the 52 EFI? And wow that's a great price
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 04-03-2013, 07:26 AM
Scagman 48's Avatar
Scagman 48 Scagman 48 is offline
LawnSite Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Garden State
Posts: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSK Property Maintenance View Post
oh scags in general last, my buddy has a turf tiger he bought new in 2004 and has 3200 hours and it's still in great shape, even he put a new motor in it at 3100 hours, even though it only needed a top end. I got rid of my tiger cub with 985 hours. i just wasn't satisfied with having a sub standard rider for my area, and i really wanted a bagger system but knowing that i wasn't gonna keep the mower because it was under powered with the 19hp kawi and it had a small deck (48") i held out, but i ended up getting 3,950 for a trade in towards the new machine, and back in 2005 i only payed 6300 for the machine new so i thought that was pretty good considering how much that machine made me.
Is the scag tiger cub that under powered? I do have the 19 kawi on it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 04-03-2013, 02:25 PM
RSK Property Maintenance's Avatar
RSK Property Maintenance RSK Property Maintenance is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Manchester,CT
Posts: 1,464
Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnlandscaping&design View Post
Is the scag tiger cub that under powered? I do have the 19 kawi on it.
Posted via Mobile Device
no its not that under powered, but if you were running a bagger with it might not work that well. it did fine in most normal conditions and even wet stuff, just keep the deck clean and blades sharp. that's why with my new cheetah i went the kohler air cooled 34hp carbuerated motor for reliability, and sheer power which it is and it has
__________________
fully lic. and ins. 10yrs exp.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:25 AM.

Page generated in 0.07041 seconds with 8 queries