Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-12-2013, 11:19 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My new Equipment... Start Up

Finally got most of my equipment. Mower either tomorrow or Tuesday, let me know what you think. Not the best pictures sorry

I would like some advice on which mower I should get. Its between the Toro 30" or the Honda HRC216HXA
Attached Images

Old 05-13-2013, 12:39 AM
LawnSite Member

I've been toying with the 30" idea lately. Between Exmark, and the Toro Residential/commercial models, I'm not sure what to think. A few extra inches would be nice though.

We run two of those Hondas. One of them just went to the shop the other day with about 250 hours on it, not too pleased about that, but should be a simple fix and its under warranty. The other runs just fine.

The honda is built like a tank. I've ran it through some nasty, tall grass and if you take it slow it still has a good cut. Works great going up hills. It's heavy though, 125 pounds.

I'm a little angry about one being in the shop, but I'd rather have the Honda over a Toro 21".
Old 05-13-2013, 12:46 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TailboardJoes View Post
I've been toying with the 30" idea lately. Between Exmark, and the Toro Residential/commercial models, I'm not sure what to think. A few extra inches would be nice though.

We run two of those Hondas. One of them just went to the shop the other day with about 250 hours on it, not too pleased about that, but should be a simple fix and its under warranty. The other runs just fine.

The honda is built like a tank. I've ran it through some nasty, tall grass and if you take it slow it still has a good cut. Works great going up hills. It's heavy though, 125 pounds.

I'm a little angry about one being in the shop, but I'd rather have the Honda over a Toro 21".
I used one Honda HRC while working with my dad and loved it, but the 9 extra inches (like you said) could save so much time that is why it's so hard to decide. But time probably wont be to much of an issue right now starting up. So I might go with the Honda because of its cut quality and reliability. I only have 1 account so far (late start)