Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 04-07-2012, 05:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Premier Landscaping Group??

Anyone work for these guys on foreclosures? I thought there was a thread on here already about them, I searched but nothing came up.

I was called by one of their people for the past few days in a row. I've been ignoring them but finally I figured I'd hear them out. They contacted me about one property that's in the same neighborhood as one of my weekly customers. They claim to pay $25 bucks for photos taken of the property to determine its condition. So while I was mowing, I stopped and took a few pics and emailed them to the guy along with a quote for weekly maintenance. I figured I'd give it a try since I was already in the area. He says a check for $25 will be mailed to me on Monday.....

I bid it rather high knowing I'll have to take a zillion pics to send over. If they do accept my price, is it worthwhile? I could certainly use the account but are these guys legit? If so, do they really pay within 2 weeks as they claim to? The guy I spoke with says they're in California, so if I get stuck I know I'll never get paid. What are your thoughts.

Thanks in advance
Old 04-11-2012, 08:38 AM
LawnSite Member

Never used them...or any brokerage type service...just do a property lookup in your county for the address and send the owner a proposal directly...skip the middle man.
Old 04-11-2012, 11:57 AM
LawnSite Member

I work for them in kentucky
Old 04-11-2012, 03:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy029 View Post
I work for them in kentucky
Are they legit? Do they pay on time and for the appropriate amount?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Member

Was contacted today

I was just wondering if you ever went through with the premier guys? Did they pay and on time? Or how did it pan out for you? They called me today and said they had some yards that need cut in my area.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:51 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

no they never paid me for doing the pictures. Kinda pissed me off but at least it didn't cost me anything to do. Turns out though, the guy across the street ended up bringing me on, then the same day, a neighbor called me as I was getting home saying he saw my truck there and called me, so that got me 2 customers in teh same development. Then last week the guys next door neighbor was push mowing his 1.25 acre lot which i pretty much all uphill and it's steep. He asked me for a price to do just the back hill and the entire yard. I gave him a price of 20 bucks since its just mowing the hill, no edging or trimming and nothing to really mow around. not to mention I'm already there. So I ended up getting 3 of my 5 accounts in that neighborhood all because I went there to take those stupid pics. I gave up on that Premier company though. Everytime I called they had no idea what was going on. I shot them a real high price to do that lot at $65 bi-weekly. he gave me some run around of lot size and bidding blah blah. Nobody has cut that lot yet and I doubt anyone ever will either. so to hell with those guys. I wouldn't waste your time with them
Old 05-02-2012, 10:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I didn't plan on going through with it, just thought id ask. I couldn't justify 25$ a yard as being worth it in any way.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:40 AM
LawnSite Member

They are or were legit, I worked with them for the past two years last year my 1099 was about $10000. They usually pay only $10 for pics and $25 for regular cuts. If the grass is long, you bid on it and you can make good money. One house alone i was paid $650 for trimming about 15 trees and cutting about 3/4 of an acre. The grass was very long but was worth the price. They havent called this year.. They usually pay late and sometimes takes a while to get money but they do pay. Told me they would start again in my area about this time in March. I am waiting to hear from them.
Old 03-13-2013, 11:41 AM
LawnSite Member

$25 is worth it since they give you tons of work.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:28 PM
LawnSite Member

I would stay away - worked for them in SouthWest Missouri for about two months - payed for the first two weeks of work I did for them, and then I did another months worth of work, while the next two checks had been "Sent" and "re-sent" in the mail, and never got them. They sound good on the phone, and are nothing but a joke. (When you are working for them in a rural area; Im sure it might be worth your time in a Bigger city, where they may have several jobs for you)