Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-02-2013, 07:42 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yardguy28 View Post
not exactly. not my words any way. but my opinion of those who have the time to wash and wax equipment on a regular basis must not be busy enough working in the field.
I guess those who have time to post over 4000 times on here in the last 3 years must not be as busy as they can either.

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication. --Leonardo da Vinci

http://integritylawnpro.com
Old 03-02-2013, 08:13 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
I usually take my mower straight from the dealer to the field to mow. no time to look at it or wax it.

not exactly. not my words any way. but my opinion of those who have the time to wash and wax equipment on a regular basis must not be busy enough working in the field.

I'm in the field 5-6 days a week. the last thing I wanna do on my day off is wash and wax my equipment.

if I called for an estimate and the guy pulled up with a 2008 exmark tthp that was showroom shinny I'd assume he clearly has time to keep it that way. why does he have so much down time. what's wrong with his service that he's not busier. maybe I don't want to hire him.
You just put another thing on the to do list for this post. This month I have (pay) a employee to come in and go over every nut and bolt on the mower. Basically everything ready for spring clean ups in april. Now I'll have him wax all the mowers "since I don't have enough work". I also just bought a hot/steam pressure washer so stuff gets cleaner faster.

Just because you personally work 5 to 6 days a week and can't find time to wax a mower doesn't mean that a guy who does isn't busy 24/7. Just means he found a way to get it done.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2013, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
You just put another thing on the to do list for this post. This month I have (pay) a employee to come in and go over every nut and bolt on the mower. Basically everything ready for spring clean ups in april. Now I'll have him wax all the mowers "since I don't have enough work". I also just bought a hot/steam pressure washer so stuff gets cleaner faster.

Just because you personally work 5 to 6 days a week and can't find time to wax a mower doesn't mean that a guy who does isn't busy 24/7. Just means he found a way to get it done.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think yard guy is pulling your leg. If he has time to make 4400 posts on this site he has ten min. to wax a mower.
Old 03-02-2013, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

well considering this is my off season I do have all the time in the world. but I'm not gonna stand outside when it's only 30 degrees and wash and wax my equipment.

but everyone is intitled to there own opinion.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:09 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
well considering this is my off season I do have all the time in the world. but I'm not gonna stand outside when it's only 30 degrees and wash and wax my equipment.

but everyone is intitled to there own opinion.
Own a garage?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2013, 09:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

nope......
Old 03-02-2013, 09:27 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
nope......
That would suck. Mines set for a toasty 45 degrees all winter long. Bump it up when I'm out there though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-03-2013, 09:20 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

not really, don't need one.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Yes I wax new mowers etc. The aerators and slice seeder got it too. When I'm blowing grass off the driveway I also get the equipment I just used. It takes about 10 seconds. When I show up at the next account I want my stuff to look like I take care of it. Its a reflection on me also. Customers notice it too. I get complemented on how clean my equipment looks, then I tell them the walkbehind is 9 years old and they cant believe it.
If I'm going to pay thousands of MY hard earned dollars I'm going to take care of it.

2002 chevy
10 foot trailer
16 foot trailer
Exmark 52" Turf Tracer
Echo 210
Echo 230
PB 251 (2)
Echo 770
Lawn Solutions Turf Revitalizer
Lawn Solutions Aerater
Cyclone Rake

Improvise, Adapt & Overcome
Old 03-03-2013, 12:36 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

All I will say is I have a 1997 Cadillac Deville look like new it has been wax and polish a lot. I have a 1998 Dodge Ram did not wax it that much and the paint is peeling off.