Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-02-2013, 12:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Please critique my Website

My website is a work in progress. I could not decide on a web designer so I went at it on my own. Please point out any changes you feel should be made. www.thelawnduke.com
Old 03-02-2013, 12:44 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelawnduke View Post
My website is a work in progress. I could not decide on a web designer so I went at it on my own. Please point out any changes you feel should be made. www.thelawnduke.com
Just curious, what price range were you considering when you were trying to decide on a designer? (no, I'm not trying to solicit business)

-Greg
Old 03-02-2013, 12:48 AM
LawnSite Member

Greg, I was looking in the $500-$1500 range.
Old 03-02-2013, 01:39 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelawnduke View Post
Please point out any changes you feel should be made. www.thelawnduke.com
Duke, to be candid, I wouldn't recommend any changes other than to find a nice, well-designed template and start over with that. I really wouldn't advise using what you have as a base and building more on top of it. I say this because you feel you were at a stage that is satisfactory enough to ask for a critique but, in reality, it's far from it. As an example, the layout of the home page is, quite literally, all over the place and your contact form appears twice in a row on each page. The issues continue from there. My response isn't meant to sound harsh but rather to be honest and not patronizing. My track record here will show you that I try to be as helpful as possible, but this is one where the simplest, easiest answer is to go back to the drawing board. If you decide to keep at it, I would just go back through the archives here and read all of the reviews/critiques you can and use those to help guide you.

In terms of the budget you were using, it's rare that I've ever seen legitimate work on your low end, but you should have had no problems in the $1,000-$1,500 range. Feel free to shoot me a pm if you'd like me to take a look at the designers you were vetting and see if any of them are options you might want to take another look at.

Tony
Old 03-02-2013, 01:55 PM
LawnSite Member

Thanks Tony that's why I put it here. I hope to be using a pro in the near future just needed something for the interim.
Posted via Mobile Device