Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-07-2013, 09:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What to do?

I contacted my dealer this week to buy a new zero turn. I wanted a suspension seat kit and a mulch kit as an option. He said that the mower will be taken out of the crate and assembled.( this is when I talked to him Monday3/4/. He told me that the mulch kit and seat kit will have to be ordered and it will be in Friday. He said it would be good for me to pick up Monday 3/11/. Well long story short I decided to list my old mower for sale since I will be getting my new one. Well a guy saw my ad on craigslist and came by on Wed 3-6/yesterday and paid me the complete amount and I told him that I will finish up mowing with it on Saturday and deliver it to him. Now today my dealer sends me an email says mulch kit will not be in till next Thursday 3-14 and was wondering if I could pick it up Friday 3-15. I sent him a email back tonight saying that my mower is sold and I need to pick up mower Monday because I need it to mow with Tuesday. It is about an hour drive to get to mower shop. I dont want to pick mower up and just to go back a few days later to get mulch kit put on it. Yes I could put the kit on it but the dealer said he would do it for free and plus why should I drill those holes. I sent him an email and told him to overnite the kit . What do you think I should do? The dealer already asked for my Sheffield approvel number. I hope he did not charge my mower to the account already since I have not picked it up yet. What do you think I should do? You think he charged the mower to my account even though I would not be picking it up until next week. I hope not
Old 03-07-2013, 09:58 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I don't know what to tell you about your ordeal but you can check your Sheffield account online and see if it's been charged yet.

What mower do you have to drill holes for the mulch kit? All the mowers I've had the holes were already there.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:18 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

I can tell you my experience with dealers overpromising and underdelivering is similar but you are getting yours quick, took them well over a month on mine.
Old 03-08-2013, 01:32 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hey, I feel for you, but s##@ happens! Pick up your mower, take care of your business, and if you feel comfortable with installing the mulch kit yourself, fine. If not, drive back to the dealer's at your earliest convenience. I realize it is aggravating, but you are also failing to look at the positive aspect of this, and that is you already have your old mower sold. You could be sitting there come the first of May wondering if you are going to be able to get it sold this season.

As for the Sheffield thing, I'm assuming he used your account number to check and make sure your credit limit was high enough to purchase the mower. I don't see how he could actually charge your account without your signature, unless you signed the finance papers previously. If you did, that too isn't a big deal, as I don't see what difference a week is really going to make.
Old 03-08-2013, 02:22 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

i would get the mower if you need it to work and then get the mulch kit installed later.