Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 06-27-2013, 10:18 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

ride on hand sprayers

I replaced the hose wound on my t with a generic metal one from tractor supply drove by today one I sprayed and its spotted where I used it. What tips are you using.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-27-2013, 02:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I use a TEE JEt AI tip

I don't like the cone tip that comes with the spray wand

Charles Cue
Old 06-27-2013, 07:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I am with Charles. All my hand wands have ends in which I can use low drift or flat fan tips.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-27-2013, 07:34 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaacutabove View Post
I replaced the hose wound on my t with a generic metal one from tractor supply drove by today one I sprayed and its spotted where I used it. What tips are you using.
Posted via Mobile Device
Did you not calibrate the system when the new wand/tip was installed???

Any time any part of any spraying system is repaired/replaced with a new or different part, the whole system needs to be recalibrated. Flow rates change for some of the seemingly most insignificant reasons
Old 06-27-2013, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Kinda at a loss on how to calibrate this feel dumb but I only use it for spots.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-28-2013, 12:00 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Ever hear of a "bucket check"? You'll need a bucket/measuring device and a stop watch.The output of the wand needs to match the output of the boom. It may take adjusting the pressure to certain readings on the gauge to achieve this when switching from one to the other. After that, its really up to you to be able to cover the same amount of area with either at the same rate and for your mix to be effective(but not too effective). The easiest way to apply at a constant rate with the wand is to "ditch" the adjustable bullet tip and get some form of Fan nozzle, preferably a T-Jet. You need to do this ASAP. The hotter it gets the more customer complaints you'll be answering if you continue to use your current setup.
Old 06-28-2013, 06:01 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

The tip will be gone today. I also think I'm dropping a lot of pressure when I open my full spray about 10-15 psi and I don't drop any with the hose.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 06-28-2013, 08:01 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

To Calibrate a Back Pack Sprayer just mark of a 10 x 100 section on a hard surface where you can see your coverage. Then fill your back pack half full with plain water. Next spray the entire 10 x 100 area as heavy as you would spot spray. This is a 1,000 sq ft. Now measure how much water you used. Read the herbicide label for thousand sq ft rates and mix it to the gallons per thousand Sq Ft you just measured.

You might try this a few times to get an average Gallons per thousand. Changing tips? Do it all over again.

"TG doesn't give a rats ass about being "Responsible" as long as sales/production quotas are met. That's it in a nutshell. A recipe for disaster IMO." Ted Putnam 2/28/14

You can lead a Donkey to water but you can't make the Jackass Drink

"As Americans you have the right to be stupid." John Kerry

"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid.” John Wayne.
Old 06-29-2013, 05:39 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted putnam View Post
Ever hear of a "bucket check"? You'll need a bucket/measuring device and a stop watch.The output of the wand needs to match the output of the boom. It may take adjusting the pressure to certain readings on the gauge to achieve this when switching from one to the other. After that, its really up to you to be able to cover the same amount of area with either at the same rate and for your mix to be effective(but not too effective). The easiest way to apply at a constant rate with the wand is to "ditch" the adjustable bullet tip and get some form of Fan nozzle, preferably a T-Jet. You need to do this ASAP. The hotter it gets the more customer complaints you'll be answering if you continue to use your current setup.
Bucket check? Stop watch? Flat fan when you're driving 3-5 miles per hour? >>> You're looking for off-target drift probs there my friend.

Flat fan nozzles are all we use regarding battery-powered back pack sprayers.

Ride-on units = cone nozzles. Several reasons for this. Won't go into detail.

I think it all depends on what equipment one is using. We run three T3000's everyday. Small lawns = push spreader + SRS-600 battery-powered back pack sprayers. Often times treating over 100 lawns per day.

We pretty much have it down pat, and I've been doing this since 1978. Just sayin'
Old 06-29-2013, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Ok....you calibrate a back pack sprayer?

LOL. Did I mention LOL

Hows LMAO.

You've got to be kidding me.

Calibrate a frickin back pack sprayer?

ahahahaha.

Who in the hell do you guys think you're kidding here.

If any of you tell me you have actually calibrated a back pack sprayer I'll call your truthfullness into question.

If you convince me you have? I'll call your sanity into question.

Because it's so stupid I can't believe you would waste your time.