Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather
Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2013, 08:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I call horseshit. got any pics to prove it was a pittie? Something like 90% of "pitbull" related attacks aren't even pitbulls. It jsut reported this way by the media to sitr up some hype and make a decent story. What's more interesting to read: "child gets mauled by pitbull" OR "child gets bit by a pug"...

To the guy from NC, just FYI, your state is leading the nation in illegal dog fighting, so congratulations on that. Pitbulls don't have a "killer" instinct. Seriously, do a little research on the breed. They used to be heavily used as police and military dogs due to their obedience and intelligence. They also were referred to as nanny dogs in the 1920's due to their overly cautious disposition with young kids.

I used to rescue and foster beagles, but it lead to pitbulls over the years. I was afraid with the first one due to the stigma. But i quickly learned just how awesome this breed actually is. They are extremely friendly and very loyal and obedient. A proper pit also will have ZERO aggression toward people but they will sometime show aggression with other animals if they feel intimidated. We've had literally dozens of pitbull rescues come through my home and I never, not ONCE had a problem with any of them. I actually had more dog fights with the beagles.

Now, for those of you that read my posts on here, you'll know I'm not a violent person by any means, but if I ever saw somebody beating an animal, esp a dog, you'd have some serious problems. If you've seen some of the stories and cases with these rescue dogs that I have dealt with, you'd feel the same way. I've had many pitbulls that were pulled from fighting operations across the country, and every one of them was able to be rehabbed and adopted out. A few of these dogs were severely damaged physically. I'm talking missing eyeballs, lips, noses, mauled legs and missing muscle tissue.....These dogs are NOT naturally aggressive and have NO desire to fight with other dogs. They're forced to by the pieces of **** gangster trash that think dog fighting is cool and profitable. It's pathetic that people still do this. Worse case I had was a guy that beat a pit with a shovel. It wasn't just a one time/defensive type thing either. This was ongoing abuse. This dogs skull was disfigured and had some kind of brain damage but was still one of the sweetest dogs I've had.

I don't often times comment on stupid arguments online, but I feel I need to at least try to educate people on this breed as it's something I'm very passionate about. So my rant aside, before you fly off the handle making blanket statements about a breed, get yourself some information first. It's people and stories like this that give one breed bad publicity. Liek I said before, I'd put $ on the fact it wasn't a true pitbull in this case. Golden retrievers which are current'y the most popular dog, lead the nation in bite cases btw.....didn't hear anyone saying they'd be out beating fido with a shovel and turning his intestines inside out.....
Old 03-04-2013, 08:36 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Services View Post
I call horseshit. got any pics to prove it was a pittie? Something like 90% of "pitbull" related attacks aren't even pitbulls. It jsut reported this way by the media to sitr up some hype and make a decent story. What's more interesting to read: "child gets mauled by pitbull" OR "child gets bit by a pug"...

To the guy from NC, just FYI, your state is leading the nation in illegal dog fighting, so congratulations on that. Pitbulls don't have a "killer" instinct. Seriously, do a little research on the breed. They used to be heavily used as police and military dogs due to their obedience and intelligence. They also were referred to as nanny dogs in the 1920's due to their overly cautious disposition with young kids.

I used to rescue and foster beagles, but it lead to pitbulls over the years. I was afraid with the first one due to the stigma. But i quickly learned just how awesome this breed actually is. They are extremely friendly and very loyal and obedient. A proper pit also will have ZERO aggression toward people but they will sometime show aggression with other animals if they feel intimidated. We've had literally dozens of pitbull rescues come through my home and I never, not ONCE had a problem with any of them. I actually had more dog fights with the beagles.

Now, for those of you that read my posts on here, you'll know I'm not a violent person by any means, but if I ever saw somebody beating an animal, esp a dog, you'd have some serious problems. If you've seen some of the stories and cases with these rescue dogs that I have dealt with, you'd feel the same way. I've had many pitbulls that were pulled from fighting operations across the country, and every one of them was able to be rehabbed and adopted out. A few of these dogs were severely damaged physically. I'm talking missing eyeballs, lips, noses, mauled legs and missing muscle tissue.....These dogs are NOT naturally aggressive and have NO desire to fight with other dogs. They're forced to by the pieces of **** gangster trash that think dog fighting is cool and profitable. It's pathetic that people still do this. Worse case I had was a guy that beat a pit with a shovel. It wasn't just a one time/defensive type thing either. This was ongoing abuse. This dogs skull was disfigured and had some kind of brain damage but was still one of the sweetest dogs I've had.

I don't often times comment on stupid arguments online, but I feel I need to at least try to educate people on this breed as it's something I'm very passionate about. So my rant aside, before you fly off the handle making blanket statements about a breed, get yourself some information first. It's people and stories like this that give one breed bad publicity. Liek I said before, I'd put $ on the fact it wasn't a true pitbull in this case. Golden retrievers which are current'y the most popular dog, lead the nation in bite cases btw.....didn't hear anyone saying they'd be out beating fido with a shovel and turning his intestines inside out.....
You're speaking out from your heart here, and not your head bro. I understand it, but it's not good to do. For you to assume no one else in this thread knows anything about pit bulls is arrogant at the very least. If I were being attacked by a dog and someone like you tried to stop me from defending myself they'd be shot right along with the dog. Sorry, but that's just the way it is, and I'd be within my legal right in this state to do so. I don't care what kind of dog it is either, pit bull or plain old mutt. Like I said before, there are several townships here that have outlawed even having one within twsp limits, and have done so for good reason. For every one good pit bull in this country, there are a probably closer to, or even over 100 that aren't safe to be around. It may not be completely the breed's fault, but it is just the way it is.

BTW- I commend you for taking care of/rescuing injured and/or abused dogs. There is nothing lower than a POS that would abuse a dog by using them for monetary gain from dog fighting.
Old 03-04-2013, 08:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

you and the guy with the 15 ft phyton that says it would never hurt me you just don't understand snakes , yea please , crap is crap , you can say a person is a killer because his mommy didn't hold him enough when he was young , no he is just a physco and a killer , take the nicest pitbull you can find and show agression to it , labs 90 % will back down , pitts 90% will show agression back , there is a difference in the temperment of these dogs , I know I had one for 15 years , I loved the dog he was fixed since he was a pound puppy , died 3 years ago of old age , nicest dog to me very inteligent etc , but to other animals no , and if you were a stranger walking into my house no , very dominent , they are not the same as golden retrievers pal , stop trying to say they are , they have the ability to kill people and they do , you have to be cautios of them. i loved my dog but would not for one moment leave a small child alone with one. This is my opinion.
Old 03-04-2013, 09:00 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

couple funny pics to brighten the mood. lol
Attached Images

Old 03-04-2013, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORNTON SERVICES LLC View Post
Good stuff!!!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:18 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
You're speaking out from your heart here, and not your head bro. I understand it, but it's not good to do. For you to assume no one else in this thread knows anything about pit bulls is arrogant at the very least. If I were being attacked by a dog and someone like you tried to stop me from defending myself they'd be shot right along with the dog. Sorry, but that's just the way it is, and I'd be within my legal right in this state to do so. I don't care what kind of dog it is either, pit bull or plain old mutt. Like I said before, there are several townships here that have outlawed even having one within twsp limits, and have done so for good reason. For every one good pit bull in this country, there are a probably closer to, or even over 100 that aren't safe to be around. It may not be completely the breed's fault, but it is just the way it is.

BTW- I commend you for taking care of/rescuing injured and/or abused dogs. There is nothing lower than a POS that would abuse a dog by using them for monetary gain from dog fighting.

I grew up completely against pitbulls because that's what I was taught. I opened my eyes once I met my girlfriend who owned a pitbull who had been used for fighting , whomever faught the dog had just turned him loose, he wasnt even in good enough condition to fight any longer. he was one of the best dogs I've ever seen great with kids and even cats, he would try and get on the treadmill and run when she would. now her grandmas long haired wiener dog on the other hand is the most vicious savage killer dog I've honestly ever seen.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-04-2013, 09:38 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORNTON SERVICES LLC View Post
The 2nd one made me giggle.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-05-2013, 06:21 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

Dude please I have educated myself on the history of Pitbulls and of the % of unprovoked attacks upon innocent children and grown adults who were either mangled beyond recognition or killed. So don't come here judging my education on this particular breed of dog,when's it's your self ignorance that's blinding you from the factual truth of PiTBULLS history of fighting aggression towards other breeds of animals and humans. Any Pitbull that shows one sign of aggression towards me or anyone and I'll put a bullet right betweens it eyes.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...itbull-attack/
Old 03-05-2013, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Snapper Jack the video is right on , a golden retriever bites you it may barely break skin , but pitbulls and other similar breeds that have that type of temperment you have to watched very closely , they can hurt or even kill people very easily , I say at minimum people should be very aware of these types of dogs , and for the guy that had his blower chewed up I say you are lucky that could have been much worse. Thankfully no one got hurt. Feel bad for that women in that video I mean can you imagine being in that poor ladies shoes , just awful I hope she is ok as well.
Old 03-06-2013, 12:37 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I don't give a flyin' ****what breed it was that jumped 2 fences trying to get to me. It happened to be a pit bull. Any breed can be taught behavior, but certain breeds are bred for agression, and OWNERS don't know how to handle that.

Last edited by Charles; 03-06-2013 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Language
Closed Thread