Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-02-2013, 03:01 PM
LawnSite Member

How many hours?

Hello everyone,

I am currently running two older exmark lazers. One is a 2005 and the other 2007. They both are around 2500 hours on them. They are a 28 hp kawasaki and 27 hp kohler. I have replaced the normal things I would think like wheel motor, hydro pump, clutch, spindles, etc. I maintain them very well though. My question is how many hours can I expect to get out of them? I really want a new mower but I question myself as to want or need. The money is there in the budget, but I do not know if it is time yet. I am always on one and with the other at the job site.

It would be replacing one of the two. I only need two for now.

Thanks
Old 03-02-2013, 03:18 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Its always nice to get something new. Something about a new mower. They dont make weird noises ,everything shines nice , they cut better, ....the list goes on
Old 03-03-2013, 01:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

If you give them good maintenance 5000 hours is not out of reach at all. Especially since you have already replace the wheel motors and hydros. Heck, you can keep them running until the day you die if you felt like it. If you have the money like you say, go get an X series Lazer with the new seat. I really like mine. They feel like they stick to the ground a lot better than the old Lazer Zs if you know what I mean.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:20 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddixon7 View Post
If you have the money like you say, go get an X series Lazer with the new seat. I really like mine. They feel like they stick to the ground a lot better than the old Lazer Zs if you know what I mean.
I agree 100% the new generation lazer z's stick to the grond and slopes a lot better, my foreman and I put our 72" s series on hills a walk behind could barely stick to, like maybe 50 to 60 degree inclines. They're center of gravity is a lot better.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brc1989 View Post
I agree 100% the new generation lazer z's stick to the grond and slopes a lot better, my foreman and I put our 72" s series on hills a walk behind could barely stick to, like maybe 50 to 60 degree inclines. They're center of gravity is a lot better.
What??? 60 degrees???

http://onemathematicalcat.org/Math/G..._deg_angle.png

C'mon, man. That must be the baddest hill clinging-mount everest climbing - super glue sticking - zero in the world.
Old 03-03-2013, 11:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dathorpe View Post
What??? 60 degrees???

http://onemathematicalcat.org/Math/G..._deg_angle.png

C'mon, man. That must be the baddest hill clinging-mount everest climbing - super glue sticking - zero in the world.
Honestly the one hill i'm thinking of was very close to that and this thing stuck to it, obviously I was moving at quarter speed but it didnt slide down the hill. It probably wasn't exactly that steep but I guarantee it was close to that. I'm also talking about going side to side, not up and down just to make sure no one is confused.
Old 03-03-2013, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brc1989 View Post
No way . I cut one I thou was 45 degree incline .I got degree incline meter it was only 30 degree .It is as steep a hill has I will do with a ZT.
Old 03-03-2013, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyflyboy30 View Post
No way . I cut one I thou was 45 degree incline .I got degree incline meter it was only 30 degree .It is as steep a hill has I will do with a ZT.
well all i know is this hill was steep as hell and it stuck to it, better than the older series would stick to it which is what my original point was. My foreman and I honestly put that rider where most guys would not want to put a walk behind, if we still had the account this year I would post a picture of this hill.