Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 04-09-2013, 07:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

We're switching to verizon so we can try a couple of these tablets starting w round 2 in a couple weeks. Will share our experiences when we have them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-23-2013, 05:52 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone else make the jump? Picked up 4 tablets yesterday, should be running our trucks off these tablets the first week of June.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-23-2013, 01:43 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

not yet still waiting on some guinea pigs to let me know how it works
Old 05-23-2013, 03:49 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oink oink
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 07-27-2013, 10:24 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Boss plows thinks they had a game changer with a stinking plow.

Let me tell you, Mobile Live is indeed a game changer. We have not been running the tablets that long but now that all the kinks are mostly worked out of our database, it rocks. We are adding CAW too so clients can log in same day and see the production and upsells that were just done...

Im not being cocky but Mobile live and CAW will turn your business into a money printing machine. Its like my own ATM. lol
Old 07-30-2013, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What is CAW?
Old 07-31-2013, 08:55 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Customer assistant website.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:56 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

multiple weeks now on tablets and while the support guys are great (thanks Rich), we have gone backwards in terms of productivity. We keep bringing them issues and they keep promising the new update will solve them. Sit on your hands if you are considering this. Its not ready for prime time yet - Im remorseful I have to pay to find their bugs and get pissed off along the way.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Mobile live

Efficiency what issues are you having? i've been using ML since march and have not had any issues with it at all. it took few days to set up parameters and all but after that its been a breeze! we only run two trucks but its saved about 20-30 man hours in the office each week on entering the production. we enter in all wind speed, wind direction, temp, time start and end, date, products used and how much on each property. as well as the special tech notes on each property. so i have found that it takes the tech about an extra 2-3 mins in the truck to enter in all that info and print it.
BUT you save it by not having to enter it back at the office. AND your tech dose not have to take 1-2 mins to enter the next address into the GPS for the next stop either so i think its about a wash. PLUS you get MORE custom notes to your customers that are recorded in SA too, so your getting more data on each customer for each stop.
YES CAW is awesome as well! i love coming in the office and seeing 3 people paid their bill at 1145pm!!
Walk Spreaders
Spray Tanks
Ride on Spreaders/Sprayers
Blowers
Aerators
Old 08-11-2013, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCM View Post
Efficiency what issues are you having? i've been using ML since march and have not had any issues with it at all. it took few days to set up parameters and all but after that its been a breeze! we only run two trucks but its saved about 20-30 man hours in the office each week on entering the production. we enter in all wind speed, wind direction, temp, time start and end, date, products used and how much on each property. as well as the special tech notes on each property. so i have found that it takes the tech about an extra 2-3 mins in the truck to enter in all that info and print it.
BUT you save it by not having to enter it back at the office. AND your tech dose not have to take 1-2 mins to enter the next address into the GPS for the next stop either so i think its about a wash. PLUS you get MORE custom notes to your customers that are recorded in SA too, so your getting more data on each customer for each stop.
YES CAW is awesome as well! i love coming in the office and seeing 3 people paid their bill at 1145pm!!
All true things you say when its working right. One issue was something in SA not picking up production the tablet. Rich logged in first time and solve it once. I entered production this sat and no support to fix it this time. So i scanned all last week in. P i t a. Also told its a known issue that techs assigned to jobs don't get recorded on production end either. Thats happening too. Im optimistic they will fix these soon as they keep promising.