Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-02-2013, 06:24 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Armed Forces Veterans advertising.

How many of you guys are Veterans, and are advertising that you are a "veteran owned company"? I just read a few articles saying 70% of people are more likely to do business with a vet owned business than another company.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2013, 09:24 AM
LawnSite Member

I do state that my business is veteran owned and operated. I have already had some positive feedback on my logo with that phrase on it. We will see in the long run how it works out.
Old 03-02-2013, 09:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I'm a Veteran but have never advertised it other than in dialogue with a customer or on a sales lead.

I've been thinking of pushing that a lot more this year though.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:52 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Its going on my flyer. i am just starting up and need all the help I can get. i also live in a military town Columbus GA Ft. benning area lots of retirees. As long as you are honestly a Vet and dont see anything wrong with advertising it. Its like putting made in America on a product IMO
Old 03-02-2013, 02:37 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

I'm a veteran owned business as well, I understand, but I don't advertise with it, I think it's funny how people are jumping on the bandwagon, of being a veteran, I see all these people with stickers on their cars and trucks "I'm a veteran" personally I served because I wanted to, not for any type of recognition.If people ask I will tell them but I don't go out of my way to make it known.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:38 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulfjoe View Post
Its going on my flyer. i am just starting up and need all the help I can get. i also live in a military town Columbus GA Ft. benning area lots of retirees. As long as you are honestly a Vet and dont see anything wrong with advertising it. Its like putting made in America on a product IMO
Good point, it should only help.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I advertise as being as veteran owned and operated on my website. I retired and stayed in a military town and I am sure many of the other lawn companies/businesses here are vet owned too. I would think that outside a military town it would give someone an advantage. I know I will always select a vet owned business if at all possible.

Scag mowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
www.ClarksvilleLawnCare.us

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
-Og Mandino
Old 03-02-2013, 03:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Here is a site where you can register your vet owned business and they also have a VOB logo that would be a simple way to advertise on your flyers.

http://www.veteranownedbusiness.com/...rocal_link.php

Scag mowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
www.ClarksvilleLawnCare.us

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
-Og Mandino
Old 03-02-2013, 04:18 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpllawncare View Post
I'm a veteran owned business as well, I understand, but I don't advertise with it, I think it's funny how people are jumping on the bandwagon, of being a veteran, I see all these people with stickers on their cars and trucks "I'm a veteran" personally I served because I wanted to, not for any type of recognition.If people ask I will tell them but I don't go out of my way to make it known.
I think it is a right that we as vets have to advertise our service to this country and we want to advertise it as a service to our customers. Anyone that sees there is prior military comin to do work for them can and should receive quality work with a discipline that some companies may not provide. Just my opinion though, I am trying to get an advantage on the next guy and if using my "Vet card" is the only way then that's what I am going to do.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-02-2013, 04:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
I think it is a right that we as vets have to advertise our service to this country and we want to advertise it as a service to our customers. Anyone that sees there is prior military comin to do work for them can and should receive quality work with a discipline that some companies may not provide. Just my opinion though, I am trying to get an advantage on the next guy and if using my "Vet card" is the only way then that's what I am going to do.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree with this.