Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-09-2013, 06:02 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b121774 View Post
Mulch kit appears to be a bolt in system that seems to isolate the blades, kinda like 2 individual decks. I saw a pic either in this thread or another. Don't know if new lower lift blades are included. Waiting for my dealer to get them in stock.
my dealer called today to say that the mulch kit I ordered is finally in. I hope to go to pick it up over the weekend (nearest dealer is 100 miles away). If all works out, ill take a few pictures to post on here. Its hard for me to comment on any cut quality yet because here in west texas, its dry and all we are cutting is mostly weeds so far. More inputs will come as time and warmer weather and HOPEFULLY some rain show up.
2013 Exmark Commercial 30
2014 Exmark Lazer Z S Series EFI 52
2008 Stihl FS250R Trimmer
2010 Stihl FS90R Trimmer
200? Stihl FC75 Edger
2014 Stihl KM130R edger and trimmer shafts

2013 Stihl BR600 Backpack blower
Old 04-09-2013, 10:39 PM
LawnSite Member

I bought my Exmark 30 yesterday, mowed my first 7k lawn with it and Im ready to sell it.

I cut it 1" shorter than my Wright stander and couldnt see the difference in cut. The belt was stinky and smelled pretty bad the whole time.

Perhaps I have buyers remorse....but it will become a garage queen I guess.
Old 04-09-2013, 11:02 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by underESTIMATED View Post
I bought my Exmark 30 yesterday, mowed my first 7k lawn with it and Im ready to sell it.

I cut it 1" shorter than my Wright stander and couldnt see the difference in cut. The belt was stinky and smelled pretty bad the whole time.

I will buy it for 1000 shipped. Better than sitting in your garage!
Old 04-09-2013, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:

I cut it 1" shorter than my Wr:ight stander and couldnt see the difference in cut. The belt was stinky and smelled pretty bad the whole time.

Are you saying you set the mower at 1 inch lower and it basically cut the same length. Maybe your other mower cuts at 3 wham set at 4 or vise versa.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-09-2013, 11:10 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Sildoc,

Did you get a Personal Pace TimeMaster 30 yet...? With the same blades installed I don't see any reason for the cut to be any different?

Also in another post you mentioned it had the best cut when compared to the yBravo25 and the Exmark 26 or a Honda HRC 21 is that correct...?

Um....but what about when compared to you bigger 36 WB...?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-09-2013, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:

So what specifically is the problem? I have had mine for a month now and its the first mower off the trailer.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFGLN View Post
So what specifically is the problem? I have had mine for a month now and its the first mower off the trailer.
Mine too! Its been really good unless I'm mowing something super tall and wet otherwise I'm very pleased with it :-)
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-10-2013, 12:10 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Sildoc,

Did you get a Personal Pace TimeMaster 30 yet...? With the same blades installed I don't see any reason for the cut to be any different?

Also in another post you mentioned it had the best cut when compared to the yBravo25 and the Exmark 26 or a Honda HRC 21 is that correct...?

Um....but what about when compared to you bigger 36 WB...?
Posted via Mobile Device
I haven't got a time master yet, Uncle Sam took a good chunk from me this year so will be a month or so.
And Yes it has a great cut on the small mower category the 36 hydro has a better cut and is faster but not by much. We use the 36 hydro where ever we can, mainly speed wise but also cut wise.
Old 04-13-2013, 01:25 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

What I have been wondering about this mower is why the deck isn't longer. They widened the deck, but why is the length the same as a 21. To me it would've made sense to widen and lengthen, thus making wet grass mowing and mulching more easy with more room for the grass to move around. That's the problem with the BOP mowers, the idea is good, but there's just not enough room for the grass to really move so everything get's clogged so easily. I really love the idea of these mowers, but I need something that can handle wet grass. I swear, sometimes it doesn't seem like these mower companies really know or care about the conditions we work in. I'd never make enough money to live on if I didn't mow immediately after a rain or even in the rain if push comes to shove. Anyone with an explanation on why the deck is wider but not longer in it's design?
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Old 04-13-2013, 10:08 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
What I have been wondering about this mower is why the deck isn't longer. They widened the deck, but why is the length the same as a 21. To me it would've made sense to widen and lengthen, thus making wet grass mowing and mulching more easy with more room for the grass to move around. That's the problem with the BOP mowers, the idea is good, but there's just not enough room for the grass to really move so everything get's clogged so easily. I really love the idea of these mowers, but I need something that can handle wet grass. I swear, sometimes it doesn't seem like these mower companies really know or care about the conditions we work in. I'd never make enough money to live on if I didn't mow immediately after a rain or even in the rain if push comes to shove. Anyone with an explanation on why the deck is wider but not longer in it's design?
Have you tried a Ybravo 25 in the rain or wet? Hands down the best small mower for this application. We have decided to leave the 30 in the shop when it is real wet out and just put on the bravo's. I am sure it will switch when it dries out as every one loves the turfmaster.