Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-17-2013, 06:42 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

i find it hilarious how no one could take my joke about why the other thread was shut down. in reality toro is out soley for the almighty dollar like all of these other companies.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-17-2013, 07:21 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbljack View Post
Update on the Exmark Mulch Kit...called the dealer (AGAIN), and told them to ship it to me because im not able to get up to the dealer to pick it up. He inspected the box, and it DOES NOT come with the low lift blades. Those are purchased separately...sigh.I asked him to send me 2 pre filters, and 2 air filters along with an oil filter so I have them on hand when needed.

So it was a 100 bucks for the baffle only. The exmark I bought came with the high lift blades, and to get a set of low lift blades would cost 40 bucks. I decided to just stick with the blades that are on the mower for now. We have received only 2 inches of rain since Jan 1st, so everything is dry as a bone here. Still cant give any reviews on the Exmark cut quality in green grass, but seems others have had mixed reviews on it. Lets keep in mind this mower is half the price of a decent walk behind, and half the weight. Its not designed (in my opinion) to replace a walk behind. its designed to increase the efficiency on smaller properties where you can fit a 30 incher through a gate.

So far I'm happy with it, and it has improved my mowing efficiency when compared to mowing the same lawns with a my Honda HRC 21.

I DO hope exmark AND toro ARE watching like big brother, and will take our inputs into improving the product. Nothing wrong with that at all....

Please post some pics of the low lifts.... PN# is good as well....3 different angles.

I have been exclusively using the higher lift Exmark/Toro blades on my TimeMaster 30.

I'd Rather Be Flying
Always Looking for Greener Grass
Always Looking for Better Mower Blades ô
Say "YES" to higher mowing heights.
Old 04-17-2013, 12:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbljack View Post
Update on the Exmark Mulch Kit...called the dealer (AGAIN), and told them to ship it to me because im not able to get up to the dealer to pick it up. He inspected the box, and it DOES NOT come with the low lift blades. Those are purchased separately...sigh.I asked him to send me 2 pre filters, and 2 air filters along with an oil filter so I have them on hand when needed.

So it was a 100 bucks for the baffle only. The exmark I bought came with the high lift blades, and to get a set of low lift blades would cost 40 bucks. I decided to just stick with the blades that are on the mower for now. We have received only 2 inches of rain since Jan 1st, so everything is dry as a bone here. Still cant give any reviews on the Exmark cut quality in green grass, but seems others have had mixed reviews on it. Lets keep in mind this mower is half the price of a decent walk behind, and half the weight. Its not designed (in my opinion) to replace a walk behind. its designed to increase the efficiency on smaller properties where you can fit a 30 incher through a gate.

So far I'm happy with it, and it has improved my mowing efficiency when compared to mowing the same lawns with a my Honda HRC 21.

I DO hope exmark AND toro ARE watching like big brother, and will take our inputs into improving the product. Nothing wrong with that at all....

I am fairly new in the industry. Will you please explain why low lift blades are necessary with the mulch kit? I ordered the mulch kit this morning for my Exmark 30. Do they help cut the grass up better?
Old 04-17-2013, 01:34 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hi-lift blades create more vacuum that is most useful for bagging or side-discharging cuz there's a place for the added moving air to go. In mulch mode with higher-lift blades you may end up with added blowout since the moving air has NO place to go.
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 04-17-2013, 05:23 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 944own View Post
Nothing fishy with the other thread. I purchased one and will give a honest review. I have only mulched with the mower so far. The engine is not underpowered. I cut thick fescue taking 2 inches or so off. No bogging. I will answer why you can't find cut quality pics. Most people like myself want to see nice stripes which this mower does not produce. Nice even cut but will not stripe like a typical walk behind. The mower is heavy and should have some sort of brake. It is a ***** on hills but did cut gated backyards faster then a 21. Not a bad mower I do not regret the purchase but leaves some to desire. I will try to snap a few pics and post them but they will be nothing special.
Posted via Mobile Device
Can you make a YouTube video on the mower?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-17-2013, 06:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Ive just finished my second week using the Exmark 30. Ill start out with the positives, It leaves a nice cut, is fuel efficient, is built like a tank, and seems to handle the hilly terrain well. The negatives, it will not mulch at all in any kind of growth. My 21 inch mowers mulch way better. I have been forced to side discharge or bag with any kind of growth. The side discharge clipping dispersal is actually not that bad, does not clump up. The bagging is average, the blades definitely need more lift. I would not invest in the mulch kit because you will not be mulching very much with this mower unless you are doing weekly cuts in dry weather. The bail design makes my hands get tired easily. I am kind of wishing that I bought two of the Toro homeowner models instead of one of the commercial Exmark models as they are lighter (this thing is a beast), have a little more horsepower, and the personal pace would be easier on my hands.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:48 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennymo81 View Post
Ive just finished my second week using the Exmark 30. Ill start out with the positives, It leaves a nice cut, is fuel efficient, is built like a tank, and seems to handle the hilly terrain well. The negatives, it will not mulch at all in any kind of growth. My 21 inch mowers mulch way better. I have been forced to side discharge or bag with any kind of growth. The side discharge clipping dispersal is actually not that bad, does not clump up. The bagging is average, the blades definitely need more lift. I would not invest in the mulch kit because you will not be mulching very much with this mower unless you are doing weekly cuts in dry weather. The bail design makes my hands get tired easily. I am kind of wishing that I bought two of the Toro homeowner models instead of one of the commercial Exmark models as they are lighter (this thing is a beast), have a little more horsepower, and the personal pace would be easier on my hands.
my hands got tired too when i first bough it- part of the problem was that the bail needed to be adjusted to fit my hands- the pace that was comfortable for me was pretty much at my finger tips- i adjusted it am now much happier.
Stihl FS110R- Edger/135* Bar Hedge trimmer
HS 81T
Stihl FS110R- string
Stihl 290 Farm Boss 20" bar
Stihl 361 25" bar
Stihl HT101 Pole Saw
Stihl MM55
Stihl BG86
Stihl BR550
2004 Massey Ferguson GC2300- 2350 Loader w/ toothbar, 60" Kioti Aerator, 48" dethatcher, 60" back blade, 48" box blade, 3PTH pallet forks/carry all, 48" lawn roller
Old 04-17-2013, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I've been running mine for the past few weeks and love it. In the fescue we have it stripes very nice! I don't typically mulch but tried it out and it does bog down a lot in thick turf. No big surprise though since it was also cutting at 2.5" have mowed in dewy wet grass and today in rain soaked grass and it does excellent bagging. Deck does pack up, but so does every mower. Cut was still excellent though and was still bagging fine. It's a workout i can tell ya, just because of the speed. It's faster than using the 36" walker i was using for back yards, tough i do miss the sitting on my butt, but the lighter weight and no turf damage makes the walking worth it. Overall I'm happy with my exmark 30.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-17-2013, 10:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rose View Post
I've been running mine for the past few weeks and love it. In the fescue we have it stripes very nice! I don't typically mulch but tried it out and it does bog down a lot in thick turf. No big surprise though since it was also cutting at 2.5" have mowed in dewy wet grass and today in rain soaked grass and it does excellent bagging. Deck does pack up, but so does every mower. Cut was still excellent though and was still bagging fine. It's a workout i can tell ya, just because of the speed. It's faster than using the 36" walker i was using for back yards, tough i do miss the sitting on my butt, but the lighter weight and no turf damage makes the walking worth it. Overall I'm happy with my exmark 30.
Posted via Mobile Device
Lets see them stripes.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-17-2013, 10:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NjProLawnCare View Post
Can you make a YouTube video on the mower?
Posted via Mobile Device
Ill try sometime we have been working till dark.maybe can this weekend.
Posted via Mobile Device