Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 05-19-2013, 12:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Yeah cuz I've used my mower almost exclusively since I bought it in march and knock on wood I haven't had any tranny problems at all....now if I could find some blades for it
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-19-2013, 06:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

No problems as of yet have some where close to around 150 hours on one and nothing other than a couple of oil changes and adjusting the cable.
One thing, not a big thing, I wished they would have done is have the throttle cable up on the bar instead of down on the motor. Hate bending over all the time to turn it on and off.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:11 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
No problems as of yet have some where close to around 150 hours on one and nothing other than a couple of oil changes and adjusting the cable.
One thing, not a big thing, I wished they would have done is have the throttle cable up on the bar instead of down on the motor. Hate bending over all the time to turn it on and off.
I agree with the throttle cable. Yesterday I couldn't stand the handle bars being set as low so raised them up. Much better now.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:18 AM
LawnSite Member

I have three exmarks. I love the machines. They cut great, easy to change mulching, side discharge, and bagging. I have no problem changing the height. The problem we ran into is all three mowers transmissions have gone out. I got one fixed and two are down right now. I talked to exmark and they said there was a problem with the company manufacturing the transmissions. They said the company did not follow the spects. It has really hurt us. Exmark is working with me. This has really hurt me. What are the chances of buying three new mowers and not having all three on the trailer for two months during prime time mowing. Just my luck. I think Exmark is a good company and I want to see what they do for me to fix this problem. It better be good, because I did lose some money with this transmission problem and the mowers are not cheap. They told me they will have this problem worked out by the end of May. I will keep everyone informed on what exmark does for me to solve this problem. The mowers are great when they're running. I think it's one of the best cutting mowers on the market and we recommend them. Like I said thou I want to see how Exmark handles this problem and stands behind there product. I will be back to let every one know.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:42 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSantor View Post
I have three exmarks. I love the machines. They cut great, easy to change mulching, side discharge, and bagging. I have no problem changing the height. The problem we ran into is all three mowers transmissions have gone out. I got one fixed and two are down right now. I talked to exmark and they said there was a problem with the company manufacturing the transmissions. They said the company did not follow the spects. It has really hurt us. Exmark is working with me. This has really hurt me. What are the chances of buying three new mowers and not having all three on the trailer for two months during prime time mowing. Just my luck. I think Exmark is a good company and I want to see what they do for me to fix this problem. It better be good, because I did lose some money with this transmission problem and the mowers are not cheap. They told me they will have this problem worked out by the end of May. I will keep everyone informed on what exmark does for me to solve this problem. The mowers are great when they're running. I think it's one of the best cutting mowers on the market and we recommend them. Like I said thou I want to see how Exmark handles this problem and stands behind there product. I will be back to let every one know.
Are you waiting to get yours fixed? I'm on my second trany in mine. The dealer can put one in in less then an hour.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:40 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I think it's one of the best cutting mowers on the market...
Anyone else agree? (Not trying to single you out, SSantor, but that is a bold statement.)
Some folks are so contrary that if they fell into a river,
they'd insist on floating upstream.
~ Josh Billings
Old 05-22-2013, 11:49 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I will say it is a decent cutt so far. The great thing is the width helps in patterns. So I have been mowing with a 21 and now 30. So it seems to flatten things out. I only have 1 so 2 man crew takes the 21 to smallest section. Was planning on another for next year but might pull the trigger this month.
Old 05-22-2013, 05:47 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Basically the same exact experience and feeling as what we've had, only I just bought 2 machines. Dropped them off with the dealer a week ago. I got 1 of them back in a few days, but am still waiting on the other 1. For some reason the dealer could only get 1 tranny in.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

has anyone had issues with the toro version yet?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-22-2013, 09:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

This is insane.... all these transmission problems.