Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-25-2013, 12:54 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
There is lots of good factual information in this thread, real life experiences. But this is a highly subjective statement. The writer is free to have an opinion, but the market pressures and historical success say otherwise.

I get such entertainment from getting you guys worked up from my over the top statements. Take it with a grain of salt. In truth, I feel that all of this commercial equipment is overpriced. Someone is getting rich from us. As I've said before, we're all just slaves to the mowing industry. I don't know how to build a mower, let alone fix one half the time, so I have no choice but to buy this equipment that really isn't worth what I pay for it. Will I make back what I spent on it? Sure. But that doesn't mean I shouldn't be dissappointed when I just shelled out anywhere from 1 to 7 grand on it the year before and stuff is already starting to break down and cost me money. I'm glad Exmark is extending the warranty, but how do I know my dealer will work with the warranty extension if I buy one and it breaks prematurely. I called the service rep at our Exmark and he had no knowledge of any tranny issues. I would probably spend all kinds of time just trying to convince him that they extended the warranty. Anyways thats that. You guys ought to be thanking me that I called on the PR guy to visit this thread. It was immediately after that that he chimed in.
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Old 05-25-2013, 08:10 AM
LawnSite Member

Just letting everyone know Exmark has done a good job following up to me. I called and voiced my concerns about having three down and Jermy followed up to my dealer and is sending another transmission to the dealer. I have lost a lot of money this month due to this problem, which upsets me, but I will stick with exmark because they were honest in working with this problem to me.I honestly feel once they work the this situation out this mower will be a winner. My crew and myself love the cut and speed of the mowers. The concern I have is will they hold up. If they get this tranny problem worked out which I feel they will. I would tell people to buy them and you will be happy. I will keep informing everyone out there how its working for us. If you haven't bought one I would hold up till they resolve the tranny issue and let everyone who had a problem let you know when it's resolved. I wouldn't want any one to go through the last month like we did. It has not be fun. When exmark works this problem out and my machines are running with out issue I will come on here and let everyone know. That is the great thing about this site, we need to pass honest information to each other to help people make decisions on equipment.
Old 05-26-2013, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Member

love mine. the 30 sucks if its wet and/or rough. the 26 i have kicks its ass..love my 30. closest thing to a push ghs i have seen and nice cut!!

yup i have all three ..exmark commercial 30 and 21, and metro 26

love my 26 too
Walker MT 26 EFI GHS
Walker MBV
Exmark Commercial 30
Exmark Commercial 21 AS
Exmark Metro 26
Echo Stuff:
PAS 280 w/shears,edger/trimmer/powerpruner/brush blade
PE280 edger
SRM-280T, SRM 230
HC 150 Shears
CS370 chain saw
Stihl MS290 Farm Boss
Echo PB 770T blower
Redmax EBZ8500 blower
Shindaiwa M242 w/ pole shears and trimmer head
Billy Goat F902S blower and KV600 VAC
Old 05-26-2013, 11:09 AM
LawnSite Member

Even when I adjust the drive cable on the bar as tight as possible, I can't get the wheels to spin out. Both wheels spin and I hear no grinding. It needs a "push" to get it going on hills and it's very fatiguing. Is there another adjustment I am missing?
Old 05-27-2013, 06:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Can someone answer if the oil system is pressurized? Can this mower be used on steep terrain? Is it a slinger type of lubrication where a steep hill may starve the motor for oil? My neighbor was interested in one but was unsure about the hills.

Thanks,
Tim
Old 05-27-2013, 08:04 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGreen1 View Post
Can someone answer if the oil system is pressurized? Can this mower be used on steep terrain? Is it a slinger type of lubrication where a steep hill may starve the motor for oil? My neighbor was interested in one but was unsure about the hills.

Thanks,
Tim
Yes it is pressurized, you can do any amount of hills or slopes you want.

KR
2013 Commercial 30
Old 05-29-2013, 10:41 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Haven't used the exmark much for the last 2 weeks. Its doesn't bag well when wet. We are back to using the commercial Honda 21" mowers.
Old 05-29-2013, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Member

Still waiting to get 1 of my 30s back from the dealer. Says he can't get the tranny. This has been very disappointing to say the least. I feel like when these type of things happen, and you have a brand new machine out of service for weeks, exmark should step up to make it right with the customer some how. Simply fixing the mower after waiting a couple weeks + isn't enough in my book.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFGLN View Post
Haven't used the exmark much for the last 2 weeks. Its doesn't bag well when wet. We are back to using the commercial Honda 21" mowers.
Mow Deck!!!! Better not great. This is the main reason we won't get rid of the Ybravo 25. It bags the heck out of wet grass!
Old 05-29-2013, 09:05 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFGLN View Post
That is odd, I've been using mine the last two weeks in on and off rain and I find it bags way better then my Exmark 21 and better then any other 21 that I've had in the wet. It must be the different types of grass, some better some worse.

KR
2013 Commercial 30