Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center



Reply
 
Thread Tools   Display Modes
  #381  
Old 05-30-2013, 10:29 AM
kennymo81 kennymo81 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Clifton Heights
Posts: 76
If your tranny is slipping your probably not using the right oil. You need an oil that is wet clutch compatible. Maybe some of these people with tranny problems are using the wrong oil and blaming the resulting tranny problems on Exmark. I have not had any tranny problems at all. One question, has anyone found a website online where you can order the blades for the Exmark 30? My dealer seems to be jacking up the prices on blades.
Reply With Quote
  #382  
Old 05-30-2013, 10:54 AM
b121774's Avatar
b121774 b121774 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Sonora, California
Posts: 202
I didn't know you could fill them with oil. Thought they were sealed.
Reply With Quote
  #383  
Old 05-30-2013, 01:15 PM
Strapper92880 Strapper92880 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Lake Elsinore, CA
Posts: 3
Exmark 30" needs help - good homeowner unit

Commercial mower ? I think not. Toro has started to show who owns Exmark in some of the latest mowers and equipment they are producing. I sold Exmark since the year they started making mowers, now I am not selling the stuff they produce. Too bad, Toro and Exmark really go together now with some of the dogs they make. Too bad... so sad..... Home owner equipment at commercial prices.
Reply With Quote
  #384  
Old 05-30-2013, 08:25 PM
sildoc's Avatar
sildoc sildoc is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Eagle Point, Oregon
Posts: 2,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strapper92880 View Post
Commercial mower ? I think not. Toro has started to show who owns Exmark in some of the latest mowers and equipment they are producing. I sold Exmark since the year they started making mowers, now I am not selling the stuff they produce. Too bad, Toro and Exmark really go together now with some of the dogs they make. Too bad... so sad..... Home owner equipment at commercial prices.
Wow, Have seen your posts and all you do is put every mower down. Taking your thoughts with a grain of salt!!!
__________________
What ever I do I must do it right!
Reply With Quote
  #385  
Old 05-30-2013, 08:30 PM
KV9064's Avatar
KV9064 KV9064 is offline
LawnSite Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Adrian,MI 49221
Posts: 138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strapper92880 View Post
Commercial mower ? I think not. Toro has started to show who owns Exmark in some of the latest mowers and equipment they are producing. I sold Exmark since the year they started making mowers, now I am not selling the stuff they produce. Too bad, Toro and Exmark really go together now with some of the dogs they make. Too bad... so sad..... Home owner equipment at commercial prices.
Whats your honest mower recommendation ???
__________________
TouchStone Lawn Care

Kubota 2620 W/Loader 60"Mower, 52" SnowBlower
JD 48" WalkBehind
Stihl Trimmer/Blower/ChainSaw
21" Husky mower w/Honda 160
36" Cub Cadet/Lesco G1336
Reply With Quote
  #386  
Old 05-30-2013, 08:33 PM
lawnsaspire lawnsaspire is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Quincy, IL
Posts: 1,109
how is your turfmaster holdin g up sildoc? how many hrs? still a slapping noise? did you buy more than one?
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #387  
Old 05-31-2013, 01:52 AM
sildoc's Avatar
sildoc sildoc is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Eagle Point, Oregon
Posts: 2,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
how is your turfmaster holdin g up sildoc? how many hrs? still a slapping noise? did you buy more than one?
Posted via Mobile Device
Running good, still hate the slapping noise but getting more and more used to hearing it. Haven't bought another yet, was holding off until we put it through more tests. Probably have roughly 200 or more hrs on it now and still leaves a great cut, unless it is really wet. Still the guys goto mower, unless it has rained, was waiting for the newness to wear off but looks like it is a keeper.

Will purchase another one in the next couple months, just making sure this transmission thing in the exmark gets taken care of as I like their controls much better than the turfmaster.
__________________
What ever I do I must do it right!
Reply With Quote
  #388  
Old 05-31-2013, 03:08 AM
Exact Rototilling's Avatar
Exact Rototilling Exact Rototilling is offline
LawnSite Platinum Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Zone: 5B
Posts: 4,983
Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
Running good, still hate the slapping noise but getting more and more used to hearing it. Haven't bought another yet, was holding off until we put it through more tests. Probably have roughly 200 or more hrs on it now and still leaves a great cut, unless it is really wet. Still the guys goto mower, unless it has rained, was waiting for the newness to wear off but looks like it is a keeper.

Will purchase another one in the next couple months, just making sure this transmission thing in the exmark gets taken care of as I like their controls much better than the turfmaster.
Soldoc,

Any chance of a home owner TimeMaster 30 purchase instead of another Turf Master....? Tiny tank just like the LS Aerator and personal pace lacks on steepish inclines. Other than that....? 37+ pounds lighter...and the list goes on IMHO.

Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
  #389  
Old 05-31-2013, 10:59 AM
sildoc's Avatar
sildoc sildoc is offline
LawnSite Silver Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Eagle Point, Oregon
Posts: 2,721
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Soldoc,

Any chance of a home owner TimeMaster 30 purchase instead of another Turf Master....? Tiny tank just like the LS Aerator and personal pace lacks on steepish inclines. Other than that....? 37+ pounds lighter...and the list goes on IMHO.

Posted via Mobile Device
If it were myself only I would probably go this route. I do not like the plastic front end. Seems like we would be replacing wheels all the time with the way they get stored on the trailer, curbs and so on. That and I am not really happy with the briggs on the LS would rather have a honda or a kawi.
__________________
What ever I do I must do it right!
Reply With Quote
  #390  
Old 05-31-2013, 11:04 AM
lawnsaspire lawnsaspire is offline
LawnSite Bronze Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Quincy, IL
Posts: 1,109
Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
If it were myself only I would probably go this route. I do not like the plastic front end. Seems like we would be replacing wheels all the time with the way they get stored on the trailer, curbs and so on. That and I am not really happy with the briggs on the LS would rather have a honda or a kawi.
would you agree sildoc that the kawi engine could easily last 10 times longer than briggs? i don't know why everyone keeps saying same mower.
Posted via Mobile Device
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump





Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2012, LawnSite.comô - Moose River Media
All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:11 PM.

Page generated in 0.08308 seconds with 8 queries