Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 05-30-2013, 10:29 AM
LawnSite Member

If your tranny is slipping your probably not using the right oil. You need an oil that is wet clutch compatible. Maybe some of these people with tranny problems are using the wrong oil and blaming the resulting tranny problems on Exmark. I have not had any tranny problems at all. One question, has anyone found a website online where you can order the blades for the Exmark 30? My dealer seems to be jacking up the prices on blades.
Old 05-30-2013, 10:54 AM
LawnSite Member

I didn't know you could fill them with oil. Thought they were sealed.
Old 05-30-2013, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Member

Exmark 30" needs help - good homeowner unit

Commercial mower ? I think not. Toro has started to show who owns Exmark in some of the latest mowers and equipment they are producing. I sold Exmark since the year they started making mowers, now I am not selling the stuff they produce. Too bad, Toro and Exmark really go together now with some of the dogs they make. Too bad... so sad..... Home owner equipment at commercial prices.
Old 05-30-2013, 08:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strapper92880 View Post
Commercial mower ? I think not. Toro has started to show who owns Exmark in some of the latest mowers and equipment they are producing. I sold Exmark since the year they started making mowers, now I am not selling the stuff they produce. Too bad, Toro and Exmark really go together now with some of the dogs they make. Too bad... so sad..... Home owner equipment at commercial prices.
Wow, Have seen your posts and all you do is put every mower down. Taking your thoughts with a grain of salt!!!
Old 05-30-2013, 08:30 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strapper92880 View Post
Whats your honest mower recommendation ???

Kubota 2620 W/Loader 60"Mower, 52" SnowBlower
JD 48" WalkBehind
Stihl Trimmer/Blower/ChainSaw
21" Husky mower w/Honda 160
36" Cub Cadet/Lesco G1336
Old 05-30-2013, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

how is your turfmaster holdin g up sildoc? how many hrs? still a slapping noise? did you buy more than one?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-31-2013, 01:52 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
how is your turfmaster holdin g up sildoc? how many hrs? still a slapping noise? did you buy more than one?
Posted via Mobile Device
Running good, still hate the slapping noise but getting more and more used to hearing it. Haven't bought another yet, was holding off until we put it through more tests. Probably have roughly 200 or more hrs on it now and still leaves a great cut, unless it is really wet. Still the guys goto mower, unless it has rained, was waiting for the newness to wear off but looks like it is a keeper.

Will purchase another one in the next couple months, just making sure this transmission thing in the exmark gets taken care of as I like their controls much better than the turfmaster.
Old 05-31-2013, 03:08 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
Running good, still hate the slapping noise but getting more and more used to hearing it. Haven't bought another yet, was holding off until we put it through more tests. Probably have roughly 200 or more hrs on it now and still leaves a great cut, unless it is really wet. Still the guys goto mower, unless it has rained, was waiting for the newness to wear off but looks like it is a keeper.

Will purchase another one in the next couple months, just making sure this transmission thing in the exmark gets taken care of as I like their controls much better than the turfmaster.
Soldoc,

Any chance of a home owner TimeMaster 30 purchase instead of another Turf Master....? Tiny tank just like the LS Aerator and personal pace lacks on steepish inclines. Other than that....? 37+ pounds lighter...and the list goes on IMHO.

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-31-2013, 10:59 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Soldoc,

Any chance of a home owner TimeMaster 30 purchase instead of another Turf Master....? Tiny tank just like the LS Aerator and personal pace lacks on steepish inclines. Other than that....? 37+ pounds lighter...and the list goes on IMHO.

Posted via Mobile Device
If it were myself only I would probably go this route. I do not like the plastic front end. Seems like we would be replacing wheels all the time with the way they get stored on the trailer, curbs and so on. That and I am not really happy with the briggs on the LS would rather have a honda or a kawi.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:04 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
If it were myself only I would probably go this route. I do not like the plastic front end. Seems like we would be replacing wheels all the time with the way they get stored on the trailer, curbs and so on. That and I am not really happy with the briggs on the LS would rather have a honda or a kawi.
would you agree sildoc that the kawi engine could easily last 10 times longer than briggs? i don't know why everyone keeps saying same mower.
Posted via Mobile Device