Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 09-23-2013, 11:55 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Hey Exact, How does your mower handle the wet? It seems the commercial units are sub par but that is after running Bravo's. Wished they could make a 30 that kicked butt like the bravo's do in the wet turf.
Old 09-24-2013, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
Hey Exact, How does your mower handle the wet? It seems the commercial units are sub par but that is after running Bravo's. Wished they could make a 30 that kicked butt like the bravo's do in the wet turf.
Doesn't work when wet.
Old 09-24-2013, 04:56 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
This is coming from somebody who hates bagging grass and I only do it when forced to....

I have found the TimeMaster to be a very iffy bagger in any wet grass with the TimeMaster lower lift blades..... however I have found that mulch mowing wet soaking grass with the lower lift blades actually works to a point. Once the deck starts to spit out a few clumps....it is time to stop mower over a tarp...Burlap or whatever scrap deck and continue mowing. I found this less overall work than messing with the yBravo25 then being stuck with wet soaking clippings that needs to be hauled away. As of yet I have not done this with the TurfMaster blades of higher lift.

What I love about these mowers is it looks like your bagging when you're not since the plug clicks in place.

YMMV.

As of yet I have not demoed an Exmark or Toro Commercial.

Higher lift TurfMaster blades do work to a point when bagging but once the mower keeps clogging...grab the yBravo25.

Just for the record my yBravo25 ruts way worse in soggy turf than my TimeMaster. What about for you with the heavier commercial units..?...?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 09-24-2013, 06:27 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post

Just for the record my yBravo25 ruts way worse in soggy turf than my TimeMaster. What about for you with the heavier commercial units..?...?
Posted via Mobile Device
Actually the commercial units although heavier rut less than the bravo, honda, or the exmark 26. I was thinking about trying to retrofit some of the tires of the commercial unit to the bravo, but that will be later this winter when time allows.
Old 09-26-2013, 05:20 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

noticed some oil on side filter is on and found entire extension filter screws onto was about to fall off. Oil was full this morning and at the add line after noticing it was loose.
Old 09-26-2013, 06:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMo View Post
noticed some oil on side filter is on and found entire extension filter screws onto was about to fall off. Oil was full this morning and at the add line after noticing it was loose.
Thats a Kawasaki problem not a Exmark Problem. I always check the oil filter screws as they vibrate quite a bit and work out on occasion.
Old 09-26-2013, 10:12 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMo View Post
Same thing happened to mine, though not that excessive. Mine was leaking, bottom bolt was pretty loose. Will have to make sure to check those more frequently now that I know it's an issue with many of the kawi engines!
Old 09-26-2013, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Member

The 30" is a winner. Are there any rumors or news of others getting into the 30" market in 2014?

I'd like to see a Nexite 30" HRC for about $2K.
Old 09-27-2013, 08:27 AM
LawnSite Member

I wish exmark would offer a de-thatcher to bolt on to the front bars of the exmark 30!
Old 09-27-2013, 09:25 AM
LawnSite Member

that would be nice although it would need a 240cc or a 270cc GX engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by hurryrainscomin View Post
The 30" is a winner. Are there any rumors or news of others getting into the 30" market in 2014?

I'd like to see a Nexite 30" HRC for about $2K.
HT131, FS80 (4), FS85 (3), FS90R (2), FS110R (3), FS130R (2), FS250 one bike, one loop, FS550 ("aka the Beast"), HL110k (2), FC110 (2), BR420 mag (3), BR600 Mag blowers (3) , 192T (2), 200T (1), MS290, MS261 (2), 660 a beast
880 more saw than anyone in Florida prob needs
Dolmar 7900