Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 10-01-2013, 07:07 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
yBravo25 is capable of a nicer better cut [not saying better than the Exmark/ Toro 30] but one has to use a NON-OEM blade to do so.

Sildoc also noted a cut quality difference between his Toro 30 and the Exmark 30 which I find perplexing since I thought the cutting deck was identical...?....?
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes and the decks are the same but the wheels are welded on the exmark and bolted on the toro. I figure 1/8" rake in the front would make the difference.
Exact we use that Woods blade you recommended and did improve the cut over the stock blade but the QOC on the exmark is by far the best I have seen on a walk mower.
It does need bagging improvement in wet conditions.
Old 10-01-2013, 11:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

after mowing in the rain and hail all day today I have come to the conclusion that even if they made one with the larger engine and hopefully larger spindles I would only use that occassionally. Very few times have I actually needed more power and the $20 plus I save on gas every week really adds up. It works great on pine needles and the time savings are incredible. I just surpassed 165 hours on my machine and use it on all lawns except one. Anybody that extensively uses a 21 would be less than intelligent to pass up on getting one

"non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other livings beings, we are still savages. THOMAS EDISON
Old 10-02-2013, 11:48 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjessen View Post
GIE Expo is in a few weeks. Anything new or updates will be announced then. You might consider waiting at least a month.
Do you think that a newer updated Exmark 30 would be available for purchase this fall? It seems that the current ones were either announced or for sale last fall? Wouldn't mind getting one this year, but would like to see what they put out. Also, what's the most hours you guys have put on one of these? Anyone at 500 hrs or so yet? I realize this would be an estimate?
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Old 10-03-2013, 12:06 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
Do you think that a newer updated Exmark 30 would be available for purchase this fall? It seems that the current ones were either announced or for sale last fall? Wouldn't mind getting one this year, but would like to see what they put out. Also, what's the most hours you guys have put on one of these? Anyone at 500 hrs or so yet? I realize this would be an estimate?
We probably have close to 350 or so on the turfmaster and the exmark 30. Had to replace the cable on the turfmaster and nothing on the exmark 30.
Old 10-03-2013, 04:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
We probably have close to 350 or so on the turfmaster and the exmark 30. Had to replace the cable on the turfmaster and nothing on the exmark 30.
So I am sure you have probably already answered this question but I am tuning in late, between those two which do you and your crews like the best? sounds as if you are pretty happy overall with the Exmark 30 yes?
Old 10-03-2013, 08:35 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsf343 View Post
So I am sure you have probably already answered this question but I am tuning in late, between those two which do you and your crews like the best? sounds as if you are pretty happy overall with the Exmark 30 yes?
Both are great machines. However if you were to have them side by side the Exmark 30 would be the goto machine for it being easier to use control wise.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:07 PM
LawnSite Member

We got 2 30" commercial toros this year. BOTH of them had transmission problems...had to be replaced (free warranty) TWICE! Lot of down time. Also, the tread on the wheels were gone by the 3rd month of use. The wheels bent too, because of a crappy weld job on the wheel bolt. So we bang those out but they bend right back by the end of our normal 30+ mows per day.

If Toro doesn't come up with a new tranny and wheels we won't buy any more of these.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:48 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

For those who run the Kawasaki powered Commercial Exmark/Toro and the Toro TimeMaster 30 please chime in on the power/torque between the Briggs and the Kawasaki.... and the ease of use of the Personal pace drive directly compared to the Exmark/Toro TurfMaster...!....?....!

Operator fatigue Issues etc.....?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-05-2013, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by famlawn View Post
We got 2 30" commercial toros this year. BOTH of them had transmission problems...had to be replaced (free warranty) TWICE! Lot of down time. Also, the tread on the wheels were gone by the 3rd month of use. The wheels bent too, because of a crappy weld job on the wheel bolt. So we bang those out but they bend right back by the end of our normal 30+ mows per day.

If Toro doesn't come up with a new tranny and wheels we won't buy any more of these.
. So are the ex marks wheels holding their tread better?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-05-2013, 11:28 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by famlawn View Post

How much abuse do you give your poor equipment? Seriously... I have about 120 hours on my exmark now and the tires still look like new, have never bent anything on the front wheels and have zero other issues with the machine!
Posted via Mobile Device