Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-27-2013, 02:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Have you had a chance to demo the Exmark yet...? Since sildoc made comment about how his yBravo25's are vastly better on hills than either his Exmark/ Toro TurfMaster... this squelches it for me. My TimeMaster is already iffy on going uphill as it is. Why pay $700-800+ more for a heavier mower.

Been watching these thread fairly closely and the operators who own both consumer TimeMaster vs. TurfMaster tend to lean towards the less expensive TimeMaster if they had to choose one.

The vertical stowage of the handle is huge for me. If I was to loose that feature it needs to match the uphill performance of my yBravo25 tranny with little worry about the tranny going out and the engine flat out has to be hands down stronger than the TimeMaster with the larger displacement engine.
Posted via Mobile Device
Haven't demoed one yet. Just wondering how long the Briggs engine will last as I use it for half of my lawns. Hills aren't a big deal to me as I don't have many and I try to stay away from lawns that have them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-27-2013, 03:53 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
Haven't demoed one yet. Just wondering how long the Briggs engine will last as I use it for half of my lawns. Hills aren't a big deal to me as I don't have many and I try to stay away from lawns that have them.
I hear you. The Exmark dealer knows I'm not super serious about buying one so a demo for me has not been a top priority. Vegandude is not far from me but rather not bother him and burn up his time....

The Briggs engine will probably out last other components on the TimeMaster. Thus far I have experienced super stable oil consumption using Castro Edge 0w-30 European Formula true SL rated oil with my TimeMaster. I tried M1 HM 10w30 "SL" rated and the oil level dropped on me. Haven't tried M1 15w-50 yet. M1 15w-50 is my new favorite in air cooled OPE....that is not forced to race to full throttle on start up.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:36 PM
LawnSite Member

I love my exmark 30. I have an account that has a 32-33 inch gate. This mower just fits inside and takes me much less time than a 21". I like the way the grass looks when done, very nice cut. I never use a 21 for anything anymore. Well worth the money, even though it is priced high.
Old 10-29-2013, 01:04 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a new synchronous belt(spindle belt) today and damn near had a heart attack when the price was $45 plus tax. I know they seem to last quite a while but damn!!!! My best estimate using my hour meter is that I will use up two or three of these per year. My complaint about exmark still stands and that is that they love to overcharge.

"non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other livings beings, we are still savages. THOMAS EDISON
Old 10-29-2013, 10:00 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegandude View Post
I bought a new synchronous belt(spindle belt) today and damn near had a heart attack when the price was $45 plus tax. I know they seem to last quite a while but damn!!!! My best estimate using my hour meter is that I will use up two or three of these per year. My complaint about exmark still stands and that is that they love to overcharge.
Have you broke one yet? looked at mine the other day and they all looked good. since it is the end of the year I plan on putting these mowers to the test to see what breaks. I will then look at them over the winter, repair/replace what is broke and then order stock for future. My hope is I need not carry much. We will see.
Old 10-29-2013, 10:16 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Broke the drive cable today...Is that a warranty item?
Old 10-29-2013, 10:25 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFGLN View Post
Broke the drive cable today...Is that a warranty item?
yep mine was
Old 10-29-2013, 11:08 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
Have you broke one yet? looked at mine the other day and they all looked good. since it is the end of the year I plan on putting these mowers to the test to see what breaks. I will then look at them over the winter, repair/replace what is broke and then order stock for future. My hope is I need not carry much. We will see.
funny you should mention breaking stuff. My fantastically wonderful day was quite fun. I got in a hurry today and went against my normal procedures for mowing and ended up hitting a large rock hidden in pine needles-the rock won! I ended up destroying both blades and sheared one of the blade adapters. $21 apiece for the blades and $4.50 for the adapter. For safety reasons I replaced both. No snapped belts although I did have to adjust the spindle belt. With this being my last week of scheduled mowing I am just going to run out the season and replace belts during winter maintanance. All in all I feel that I was very fortunate. I now would recommend having a adapter in your benchstock. Sildoc- did you try cutting the bag or not

"non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other livings beings, we are still savages. THOMAS EDISON
Old 10-29-2013, 11:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegandude View Post
Sildoc- did you try cutting the bag or not
No not yet. Crazy times with leaves and soccer. Need to do so. Speaking of crazy day. One guy lost a brute can in the river, broke a mower and the truck wouldn't pull a hill faster than 30.
Fixed the mower. hopefully fixed the truck by replacing the fuel filter but the can will be swimming for quite some time.
Old 10-29-2013, 11:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I'm thinking about replacing my mowers after 2 seasons use. This year we had a new Honda, a 2nd season Honda and the Exmark 30.