Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 10-30-2013, 01:11 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

really starting to dislike this mower. I noticed the motor vibrating today and it is loose in the front.
Old 10-30-2013, 01:26 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

What is the difference in the commercial model vs the homeowner model, other than twice the price?
Old 10-30-2013, 03:54 PM
LawnSite Member

Those with the home owner model how has it held up?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-30-2013, 04:33 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I think the comparison is likely the same as any homeowner vs. commercial mower, it will hold up okay but the wear and tear of commercial use takes a toll on all the wheels, brackets, small things that fall apart and piss you off, I'm sure the people who own the timemaster are likely solo guys who would take care of it in a way as to not aid in the premature failure of said components, but I am only stipulating and have no experience with either machine.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:16 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvldesign View Post
Those with the home owner model how has it held up?
Posted via Mobile Device
My electric start finally quit on me. Bearing had been squelling for some time. My wheels treads are pretty worn down. Still on original belts. I use mine way more than I thought I would. If I could find a used one for cheap I'd grab it up in a second. I might be buying another one in the Spring.

Zero plans on Exmark TurfMaster 30 unless the drive is equally as good or better than my Ybravo 25 and....the engine is proven to have more tractable power than the Briggs Pro 190cc on the TimeMaster.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 10-30-2013, 10:30 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

My timemaster has held up well. I only have between 100 and 150 hrs on it though. For 1000 bucks it ought to hold up for several hundred more I would hope. The tires are worn in front quite a bit. No problems. Thinking about getting a Turfmaster in November as they are all out of Ex30s and Turfmaster is marked down $100. The only thing I don't like about the about the Turfmaster is the crappier wheels. But no reports of transmission problems and the dealer is 5 minutes from my house makes me lean that direction. Exmark dealer is accross town and sometimes its like going to the doctor trying to find someone to help you in there.
Quick 36 Ninja WB
21" Honda HRX
Husqvarna 223L trimmer!
Echo Blowers
Kawasaki BP Blower
Toro & Ariens snowblowers

"I mow alone, with nobody else. Yes you know when I mow alone, I prefer to be by myself." Matt Thorogood

"All those in the memorial tombs will come out" -John 5:28

"The sea gave up the dead that were in it, and death and Hades gave up the dead that were in them"- Revelation 20:13
Old 11-04-2013, 02:07 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Dropped mower off at shop Friday morning and they are still waiting to hear from exmark. They said I need a third transmission. Had to turn down two jobs today and have lost faith in this mower.
Old 11-04-2013, 07:49 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
My electric start finally quit on me. Bearing had been squelling for some time. My wheels treads are pretty worn down. Still on original belts. I use mine way more than I thought I would. If I could find a used one for cheap I'd grab it up in a second. I might be buying another one in the Spring.

Zero plans on Exmark TurfMaster 30 unless the drive is equally as good or better than my Ybravo 25 and....the engine is proven to have more tractable power than the Briggs Pro 190cc on the TimeMaster.
Posted via Mobile Device
The Timemaster doesn't pull hills well does it? I know this has been discussed but it would take a long time to go through the endless threads on these mowers.
Old 11-04-2013, 08:43 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
The Timemaster doesn't pull hills well does it? I know this has been discussed but it would take a long time to go through the endless threads on these mowers.
i have a Timemaster. While it is not the same as a hydro walk behind on hills it is acceptable for the most part. Using the blue handle for extra leverage seems to help.
Old 11-04-2013, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMo View Post
Dropped mower off at shop Friday morning and they are still waiting to hear from exmark. They said I need a third transmission. Had to turn down two jobs today and have lost faith in this mower.
Seems to be the East Coast LCO's that have been having the transmission problems.
My question for you, Is the new transmissions the newer style (fixed), or the older style?