Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 11-04-2013, 10:47 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProMo View Post
Dropped mower off at shop Friday morning and they are still waiting to hear from exmark. They said I need a third transmission. Had to turn down two jobs today and have lost faith in this mower.
Don't you have any back up mowers? My dealer has a loaner/demo mower that I can use when mine is in the shop.
Old 11-04-2013, 11:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

does anybody know as to whether or not they recalled trannys that were in stock. I know that they didn't recall the mower.

"non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other livings beings, we are still savages. THOMAS EDISON
Old 11-05-2013, 09:03 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
Seems to be the East Coast LCO's that have been having the transmission problems.
My question for you, Is the new transmissions the newer style (fixed), or the older style?
I thought the last one was the newer one but not so sure now.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:30 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
The Timemaster doesn't pull hills well does it? I know this has been discussed but it would take a long time to go through the endless threads on these mowers.
You can do hill with it but it's not all that great. As of yet nobody has done a direct comparison between the TurfMaster and TimeMaster when going up hills...?....?

TimeMaster is 37# or so lighter fwiw....
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-05-2013, 03:22 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Just got off the phone with my dealer and they still haven't received the replacement transmission. This is not good for my business.
Old 11-05-2013, 11:09 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I purchased the turfmaster today. After a seasons worth of deliberation and using its counterpart, the timemaster for several months, I was able to come to this decision. In the end I went with the toro version because 1 they were all out of the ex30 at the exmark dealer and said their were none even at the factory to order. 2. The toro dealer is very close to me and no reports of any mechanical failures on the toro excepting cable breaking. 3. The only thing I didn't like when comparing the two was the wheel quality on the toro compared to the more resilient design on the Ex30. I like the way the toro handles and like the single
Bail. Having only used it on one lawn which
Included a large pile of leaves that I gobbled up with it. I can already tell a difference in the ability of the Kawi engine and the Briggs on the timemaster to handle eat up large amounts of leaves without killing the engine. Very pleased about that. I took before and after pictures of this leaf job that I used the turfmaster on if someone could tell me how to post pictures on here with my IPhone, I will post them. Finally I want to thank sildoc and vegandude for all of their fine reports on the commercial 30 inch mowers in helping me make the decision. I also want to thank Exact rottotilling for his observations and love of the timemaster in helping me not to jump the gun to early in purchasing the commercial version. His has proved to be a very objective outlook. While I am very fond of the timemaster , come spring I think it would've been lacking as valid replacement to my quick 36, which i sold this summer. I will be making constant comparisons and updates between the t30 an the turfmaster for the remainder of the season. Thanks, Matt.
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-06-2013, 12:07 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Definitely anxious to hear how the two motors compare and as to whether you think the homeowner version would be the right back-up mower. Sure hope you like it

"non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other livings beings, we are still savages. THOMAS EDISON
Old 11-06-2013, 01:06 AM
LawnSite Member

Excited to see what you find out and how they compare as we are trying to decide which to buy next year.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-06-2013, 01:21 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rvldesign View Post
Excited to see what you find out and how they compare as we are trying to decide which to buy next year.
Posted via Mobile Device
A few things I can already tell you are these: the extra torque on the Kawi engine allows for taking on thick leaves where the timemaster immediately shuts down when trying to plow thru thick or wet globs of leaves (although the timemaster does do very well mulching light to moderate amounts). Also I believe that the bag on the toro commercial is smaller than that of the timemaster because of the way it's designed to fit in the grooves. If I knew how to post pics on here with my IPhone I could show you what the turfmaster did on two passes to a large pole of leaves today that I took pics of. Thirdly, the turfmaster is not as heavy as everyone makes it out to be to me personally, and I'm a smaller person. The only place I notice its weight is getting it on and off the trailer. And it's not as easy to position on the trailer as the t30 because of the ridged handlebar.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 11-06-2013, 01:46 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Now I'm wondering how the torque and power curves compare at various rpms? TimeMaster vs TurfMaster.

The Exmark rep chimed in here earlier this Spring and said blade tip speed was higher on the TurfMaster...
Posted via Mobile Device