Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 02-12-2014, 10:40 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsLocalLawn View Post
If I could buy a slightly used timemaster for $400 I would buy three of them right now

I'm seriously considering selling my 36" belt walk behind and replacing it with two Timemasters. I still find myself using a 21" just as often as my 36 so the switch seems like a no brainer for me.

I'm also adding a female helper this season so would be nice for her to operate something other than a trimmer. Nobody likes dirty girls
You hired a female helper...?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-12-2014, 10:55 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnsaspire View Post
If anyone has a source where I might purchase the exmark wheels online, I'd really be thankful. Hate going to the dealer if I don't have to.
I got my eXmark mulch baffle from partstree.com. It was 2/3 the cost of what the dealer wanted, took them ~3 days to get it, and ~3 days to get to me.

'13 Hustler X-ONE, 60", Kohler ECV749 EFI
'05 Hustler FasTrak, 42", Honda GXV530
'13 Toro Timemaster 30"
'02 Lawn Boy SilverPro 21"
Stihl BR600 blower
Stihl BG55 blower
Stihl KM55R trimmer
Stihl KM55R Kombi system
Stihl MS180C chain saw
Stihl HS45 hedge trimmer
RedMax Reciprocator
Echo SRM225 trimmer
Echo GT-2000 trimmer
Gravely WB edger
'14 Ariens Compact 24" Sno-Thro
'08 Troy Bilt Squall 2100
'06 Chevrolet Silverado
'13 Bravo Star, 7'X12', V-nose
Old 02-12-2014, 11:44 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducnut View Post
I got my eXmark mulch baffle from partstree.com. It was 2/3 the cost of what the dealer wanted, took them ~3 days to get it, and ~3 days to get to me.
Thanks maybe they'll have the wheels.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-12-2014, 11:52 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
I hear you but for just over half the price of a TurfMaster the TimeMaster is almost 40# lighter. Same basic deck and spindles, personal pace, electric start option for my son or a smaller female helper, handle fold up handle for more trailer space and the ability to change the deck height front and back with the blades actually engaged. Almost forgot consumer catcher is a tad bigger.
Posted via Mobile Device
I was really considering the timemaster, but my guys would have them tore up pretty quick. The plastic on the front of the mower would have to be replaced several times a year. I can't justify a 1000 dollar mower to put another 1000 into it over 5 years. I can't see putting more than a few hundred dollars into the exmark 30 over 5 years.
Old 02-13-2014, 12:15 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sildoc View Post
I was really considering the timemaster, but my guys would have them tore up pretty quick. The plastic on the front of the mower would have to be replaced several times a year. I can't justify a 1000 dollar mower to put another 1000 into it over 5 years. I can't see putting more than a few hundred dollars into the exmark 30 over 5 years.
The plastic on the front is an excellent bumper with a nice bounce back effect. As of yet I have not busted mine. There are a number of Co. running them with minimal issues.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2014, 09:00 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exact Rototilling View Post
Can we put TurfMaster wheels on a TimeMaster...?
Posted via Mobile Device
These wheels wear just as fast as the timemaster wheels. Believe me. Lone thing I forgot to add last yr about the superiority of the timemaster over the turfmaster is that the height of the handles on the turfmaster is not adjustable whereas the timemaster is. I'm only 5' 10" and I feel myself having to stoop a little when operating it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2014, 10:47 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
These wheels wear just as fast as the timemaster wheels. Believe me. Lone thing I forgot to add last yr about the superiority of the timemaster over the turfmaster is that the height of the handles on the turfmaster is not adjustable whereas the timemaster is. I'm only 5' 10" and I feel myself having to stoop a little when operating it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Also that handle adjust lower on the TimeMaster and this is helpful when getting under low branches.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2014, 01:00 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The handle on the commercial 30 is definitely adjustable, there's 3 holes/height settings. I was displeased with the settings on mine though, the highest was too high, and medium was too low, so i drilled new holes in between to solve that problem for me. My help was about 5' 10" and he had no problems at all with that setting. The lowest would be for someone probably 5' tall. The commercial wheels almost don't wear at all, mine have almost 200 hours on them and look brand new still. Forgot to mention, I'm 6' 4" tall, and i felt the highest setting was too high...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2014, 01:15 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Rose View Post
The handle on the commercial 30 is definitely adjustable, there's 3 holes/height settings. I was displeased with the settings on mine though, the highest was too high, and medium was too low, so i drilled new holes in between to solve that problem for me. My help was about 5' 10" and he had no problems at all with that setting. The lowest would be for someone probably 5' tall. The commercial wheels almost don't wear at all, mine have almost 200 hours on them and look brand new still. Forgot to mention, I'm 6' 4" tall, and i felt the highest setting was too high...
Posted via Mobile Device
I was talking about the turfmaster not the exmark.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-13-2014, 02:16 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
I was talking about the turfmaster not the exmark.
Posted via Mobile Device
Yes the Turfmaster wheels wear way faster than the exmark 30. We have well over 800 hours on both and the turfmaster will need new wheels soon. Going to look to see if the Exmark wheels will cross over. The exmark wheels are still pretty new looking.