Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-06-2013, 08:32 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

I kept the boots on. However, for the gloves I had a sort of holster or bucket about 6 inches in diameter attached (zip tie) to the frame of the skid sprayer, next to the spray gun. The gloves went into the holster, fingers first, between spraying jobs. The holster was low enough so that wind could not blow the gloves out as I traveled. If it rained the gloves tended to fill with water, of course, so I turned them fingers up, if rain. (If I remembered, but usually they needed rinsing anyway). Green nitrile gloves, with cuffs turned down. Easy and convenient.
I cut the holster from a plastic jug, and cut some holes in the bottom so it would not fill up during rain storms.

If needed, I rinsed the gloves out in hot soapy water and turned them cuffs down overnight to dry--inside the truck on rainy nights, slid over the gear shift.

Boots were usually inside the cab overnight. Smelled bad, but if it was hot, they were nice and dry by morning. Otherwise, upside down jammed along side the skid sprayer. Really, I needed some sort of upside down boot rack. Wet boots are YUCK!
Old 03-07-2013, 11:04 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

My boots go in the bed through the day and in a plastic tool box when it's rainy, I use black nitrile desposible gloves for spraying and long green ones for mixing.. the desposible ones go in the trash at the end of the day.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-08-2013, 06:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandview (2006) View Post
Well if your spaying all day you keep your boots on. Gloves throw on the floor.
Hey Grandview, totally off subject but I just clicked to your website. I like it but the weather says 102 degrees in Lancaster and a low of 78. You got summer early this year. Also might want to change the auto voice that comes on with each page.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:40 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurfWerks View Post
My boots go in the bed through the day and in a plastic tool box when it's rainy, I use black nitrile desposible gloves for spraying and long green ones for mixing.. the desposible ones go in the trash at the end of the day.
Posted via Mobile Device
Never saw the black gloves are they different than the usual ones?
Old 03-08-2013, 11:25 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

They are a disposable mechanics gloves I get from the local O riley auto parts.. make sure to get the nitrile ones if you use them. I think most plant board guys would frown on them since they only go to the wrist, but I'm also wearing long sleeves.
Posted via Mobile Device