Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-17-2013, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Member

Just curious what is your guys best source of advertising just starting out and can't even get leads or calls to go bid. I NEED more work badly
Old 04-17-2013, 11:21 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Door hangers have worked ok for me but the first couple years is tough. Alls I can tell you is anything you do make it absolutely perfect. Cater to your customers needs and develop a good relationship with them. That way they have nothing but good things to say to others about you. I know everyone on here says word of mouth is best and it is but getting those first customers is tough. Hang in there hand cards out to any and everyone u know see or meet. If you do good work it will start rolling.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-17-2013, 11:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Same here just started, and need more work I handed out flyers and actually receive a call, I am very interested in starting to reach out to the banks for their REO's properties since they can provide volume at least this will pay for over head I guess
Old 04-17-2013, 08:59 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Other landscapers

To be honest, I think flyer's worked best to get started, then word of mouth became golden. But one thing to consider is to talk to other operators. If they are solo like me there is a limit to how many accounts they want to take on. I have given leads away and also received them from others. In fact a friend of mine asked me if I had room for a few more in my area because they were all book-up for the season, gave him ten Biz. cards just in case.

You will find as long as you are doing good work, easy to talk to and advertise. you are bound to grow from year to year.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:12 AM
LawnSite Member

Sounds good guys and C I C i have looked into and contacted about the REO Properties the price sheets they pay for the yards are way to low and barely be braking even. 5,000 sq ft yard re cut they only want pay $20 that's low for me fuel costs are to high mow that cheaply IMO. You can look into it but seems more pita then it's worth all pictures and pay is monthly. Think i'm going to pass and keep advertising.
Old 04-18-2013, 12:37 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I agree $20 you won't break even. Not only that the lawns are usually trashed out and hard on your equipment. Plus those lawns won't attract quality clients either. You will get their and when you do you clients will pay you what your worth.
Old 04-22-2013, 03:13 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Rough weekend. Saturday got lots or work caught up which was good. Sunday went to garage lifted the door open whole thing came off track and landed on my head. Ended up with some staples and massive headache. Couldn't do any work rest of day anytime my heart rate got up it would start bleeding again.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-23-2013, 11:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Oh thank really sucks. I hate getting injured. Last time I went to the Emergency Room it was $500.00 buck for 8 stitches.
(Got carless with a grinder and a cut off wheel.)
Old 04-24-2013, 06:14 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Put in ten hours today finishing up clean ups. Starting mowing going to try and do it all in two days could be a trick. Then working on my landscaping jobs all weekend try and get it ready to pour. Now we are back to the spring I am used to feels kind of good but I'm sure I'll be hoping for a rain day soon enough. 2013 is officially in full swing!
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-24-2013, 10:56 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice, My wife really wants me to get all my lawns done Tuesday-Thursday. I will have to see how things are going first.