Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 04-24-2013, 11:11 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Yea i usually try to mow monday- wed and leave two days open for landscape but customers generally want done as close to the weekend as possible so i end up doing about 5 on thursdays. Refuse to mow fridays rain make ups only.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:29 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Mowing schedule

I have been mowing Monday-Thurs. leaving Friday for rain delay and odd jobs. If it rains early in the week I usually can catch-up all but a couple by Friday. I'd really have to hustle to get 35-38 yards cut in three days. For the size yards I have the equipment to do it, although I think a 25" Y-bravo will probably make it so I can easily do it. (It would knock off just enough time.)
If I could do this I would have four days for other things. I have tons of landscaping I'd like to do at my own home.

Did you check out White gardens work? I can wait to see your work also. I am just learning landscaping.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:19 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I did he has some good stuff.
I need to get on a computer and upload some work photos haha. Good luck the wheels r in motion.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-06-2013, 11:06 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry haven't posted lately been swamped. Spent the last two weeks playing dodge the rain drops. Finally got all my mowing back up to a quality that i am happy with even after customers told me i didn't need to bag or double cut. Too many new clients this season to not leave a stellar impression. Got my patio poured last weekend now i need to get the bar started as well as pergola. Oh wait rain wed-sat possibly. Great! I will try to get some pictures up this week during rain. Hows everyone else's season going so far?
Old 05-07-2013, 12:11 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Snow has put me behind, plus in my spare time when it is wet or on Sunday, I have been working around my house for my son graduation party. I am so busy my head is spinning.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:15 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I feel ya I have been working sun up to sun down. Now my uncle passed away so I will be out of town Friday-Saturday just can't stay ahead.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-14-2013, 02:10 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Have a helper starting tommorow will be interested to see how this goes. It's a kid I played football with in high school as well as college so I know he can work just see how fast he catches on. Picked up 6 new lawns all today decided it was time. Wish me lick
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 05-17-2013, 12:58 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

Nice, glad to hear things are moving along. I have picked up a couple of new clients. One just stopped while I was working at a clients home. The other was word of mouth. I would love to have some help right now. The grass has been a foot tall on every lawn. lots of luck to ya.
Old 05-20-2013, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry haven't posted for awhile have the new guy helping me two days a week right now which has allowed me to knock all my mowing out in those two days which is very nice. Plan on finishing up mowing tomorrow rain wednesday. Thursday finishing up final touches on patio grading I've been working on and pouring friday. Rain sat-monday. Mow tues wednesday and then knock out pergola and bar thursday friday. Weather is killing me had tornados last night got two trees down on clients yard i had to cut up and stack before i could mow today. Been a crazy spring so far.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:12 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Got my patio poured today. anyone know any other ways then photo bucket to upload pictures on here. I run all macs and they do not seem to work well with photo bucket. Also rented a toro mb1600 to power buggy the cement to the patio. Thing was garbage wouldn't dump half loads of concrete tires got no traction both empty and full. Only time i could use the platform was going downhill other wise had to fold it up and have two guys pushing it including going up a concrete drive empty. Very disappointed idk if its not set up right or what but the rental store did refund my money which is nice.