Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-07-2013, 01:50 AM
LawnSite Senior Member

I don't get that mower. That mower looks very cheapish. If they would make a heavy frame and would have kept that velocity deck with those Exmark styled controls, I might have looked at one. Also, a 60 inch deck might be nice...

All of these companies make nice ZTRs and standers, but only a couple companies make a heavy duty full lineup of walk-behinds and it is beyond me as to why. They miss out on a lot of business because a lot of people want to be able to run only one brand and don't want to have to buy this brand walk-behind and such and such brand ZTR.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:17 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IXINRGIXI View Post
BINGO! you make a very good point not a fan of the freedom deck and i thin the front caster look dinky but other then that i like where they are going with it
I dislike the wheel/pump combo unit they are using also. The pro v had it all seperate. The fs engine with the oem filter will clog all the time also. Donaldson should be on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by djagusch; 03-07-2013 at 11:22 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:38 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Yah going to have to agree with alot of you. It looks cheap. Looks like a Hydro version of their SFW machine http://www.scag.com/sfw.html which itself is a cheaper entry level walkbehind.

The controls look interesting, but the machine as a whole just looks "price point".
Old 03-07-2013, 11:55 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugs View Post
Yah going to have to agree with alot of you. It looks cheap. Looks like a Hydro version of their SFW machine http://www.scag.com/sfw.html which itself is a cheaper entry level walkbehind.

The controls look interesting, but the machine as a whole just looks "price point".
I heard price point for many reasons of this or that. It should be under $5k though.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2013, 03:29 PM
LawnSite Member

is this the mower that is for the homeowner or lawn pro?
Old 03-07-2013, 07:30 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

All they had to do was put v-ride controls, or these controls on a pro-v or the old ultimate. This does seem to be a entry level commercial mower like the freedom z.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-07-2013, 10:17 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

You guys complaing that this thing isnt heavy duty enough, the whole problem with the current walk behinds are that they are to HEAVY duty. They are so heavy the little mexican operators cant even get the deck to lift up with all their weight on the handle bars......so they scalp the hills instead. They are so heavy you cant even mow steep hills because the weight of the deck "pulls" the mower down the hills.

I just hope they put some high hp on them as options. And a 61" would be really nice with even higher hp to keep the ground speeds up. Loks like a winner if you asked me.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:03 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Services View Post
You guys complaing that this thing isnt heavy duty enough, the whole problem with the current walk behinds are that they are to HEAVY duty. They are so heavy the little mexican operators cant even get the deck to lift up with all their weight on the handle bars......so they scalp the hills instead. They are so heavy you cant even mow steep hills because the weight of the deck "pulls" the mower down the hills.

I just hope they put some high hp on them as options. And a 61" would be really nice with even higher hp to keep the ground speeds up. Loks like a winner if you asked me.
Good points
Old 03-08-2013, 10:13 AM
LawnSite Gold Member

Good points maybe, but imagine the threads flooding with complaints when it falls apart in the diet seasons use
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-08-2013, 08:07 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

it wont fall apart. The old ones were just like those and they lasted 20+ years. I had seen guys SLAM those decks into tree stumps and not even bend them.

I have to imagine they are going to be better built then a 20 year old mower anyways.

My question is why couldnt they have made a stamped lighter weight velocity deck though?