Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-06-2013, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LawnCareNoobie View Post
Nope. Kind of glad, heard it wasn't as powerful as the Kawasaki.
Hey noobie, take a look at the Kawi site. They now have DFI engines to match every model of carbed engine. The DFI's though, have the same power in a couple of the models, but more power in many of the other models. My FX850 is 27, but the DFI FX850 is 28.5 etc. I could, and would have been on board for that if I'da had the choice.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:22 PM
LawnSite Member

I was thinking about a z915b or maybe something better but have a tight budget and was wondering how it cut and more importantly how it stripes, thanks.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by makktruck View Post
I was thinking about a z915b or maybe something better but have a tight budget and was wondering how it cut and more importantly how it stripes, thanks.
They will stripe great if you set the pitch correctly. They're even better if you switch from the std lift blades to high lifts.
Old 08-08-2013, 09:22 AM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin' Green View Post
They will stripe great if you set the pitch correctly. They're even better if you switch from the std lift blades to high lifts.
Sorry but what do you mean by the pitch,thanks.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:34 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by makktruck View Post
Sorry but what do you mean by the pitch,thanks.
Pitch is the forward tilt of the deck blades, which for a Deere deck is ideal at 1/4" lower on the front end of the blade when the two outer blades are pointing straight from front to rear, and the deck is parked over a dead flat, smooth surface with the operator (or someone of the same approximate weight) sitting on the seat. Do a search here on deck pitch or pitching a deck. I, and a lot of others have posted the correct way to do it many times.
Old 08-18-2013, 04:31 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APLUS LAWN CARE View Post
Does anyone know anything about the new "B" series that John Deere offers. I know that it is a lower quality commercial mower, probably comparable to their old Z700 series. I am looking at buying one but I would like to know more about them. I know that nobody has experience with them because this is the first year they are offered but has anyone heard anything about them?

I have a budget of around $7,000 and I was going to buy a used Z920 or something similiar but when I figured out that the Z915B was in that price range, I thought I would just buy one of them simply because of the warrany and dealer support. I am just a little bit skeptical because they are so light duty, even though they are commercial mowers.

Any suggestions?

Hey did you ever get a new B series John Deere? Just asking as I been looking at them this summer also. It really looks about equivalent to my Laser z advantage series.. I think I got something in the mail the other day also that the B series starts at $6995... which would be a 48" deck... All I do is sub division lots and the 48 works great for me.. I also like the new 36" z controlled style hydro JD mowers too.. Just looking for info on these mowers as well...
Also what's the difference between the 7 iron II & 7 iron pro?
Old 08-18-2013, 04:59 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by weaver View Post
Hey did you ever get a new B series John Deere? Just asking as I been looking at them this summer also. It really looks about equivalent to my Laser z advantage series.. I think I got something in the mail the other day also that the B series starts at $6995... which would be a 48" deck... All I do is sub division lots and the 48 works great for me.. I also like the new 36" z controlled style hydro JD mowers too.. Just looking for info on these mowers as well...
Also what's the difference between the 7 iron II & 7 iron pro?
The II has a different front baffle shape than the Pro model (IMO, it's better on the II version), no steel step, just none skid tape, and no rear gauge wheels. Until this year, the II version also had a round wear bar welded to the front and left side vs the flat steel of the Pro version. Now they're all the same as the Pro version.
Old 08-18-2013, 05:13 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
The II has a different front baffle shape than the Pro model (IMO, it's better on the II version), no steel step, just none skid tape, and no rear gauge wheels. Until this year, the II version also had a round wear bar welded to the front and left side vs the flat steel of the Pro version. Now they're all the same as the Pro version.
What is the cross-porting transmission on the R series & what or how is the set-up on the B series? Like now, my pumps and wheel motors are bolted together as 1 unit, is the B series similar?
Old 08-18-2013, 06:04 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

The 900's all use the same hydro system (Kanzaki Tuff Torq) that is a one piece unit, but the R is the only one with the cross-porting feature. It shuttles the coolest oil to the hydro that is working hardest when side hill mowing etc.
Old 08-18-2013, 06:24 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
The 900's all use the same hydro system (Kanzaki Tuff Torq) that is a one piece unit, but the R is the only one with the cross-porting feature. It shuttles the coolest oil to the hydro that is working hardest when side hill mowing etc.
Ok.. Thanks.. You know another thing, I never knew the baffles moved when you have a MOD deck when closing the chute.. That's cool... I always thought it was just an OCDC... Awesome mowers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Gn9hjwhnCE