Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-09-2013, 06:45 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Carbon Copy Invoice Supplier?

Hey everyone. Hope your year is off to a productive start. I wanted to ask where you all get your estimate/ invoice 2 or 3 page carbon copy logs from?
thanks
Old 03-09-2013, 09:50 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I created one in a word doc and sent it over to a local printer.
Old 03-09-2013, 09:53 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Local printer.Invoice you can do 2 part.Est I go 3 part. Make carbonless though.
Old 03-10-2013, 01:43 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I get my invoices from printit4less. I order 500 at a time for around $100. They have a 3 part landscaping invoice that you can upload your logo and info to it. They come shipped in books of 50. I tried making them myself but having them in a book is convenient. Worth the cost in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2013, 08:06 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

yes ill look for the local printer. thanks for the suggestions!
Old 03-10-2013, 05:05 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnkingforever View Post
I get my invoices from printit4less. I order 500 at a time for around $100. They have a 3 part landscaping invoice that you can upload your logo and info to it. They come shipped in books of 50. I tried making them myself but having them in a book is convenient. Worth the cost in my opinion.
Posted via Mobile Device
Do u hand write on them?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:19 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 205mx View Post
Do u hand write on them?
Yes, but it is not much writing. The invoices have preprinted list of services already listed and all of my in info and logo is at the top. Just a matter of listing some dates and dollar amounts. My wife prints labels out of all of my customers with name and address info, just peel and stick on the invoices and envelopes. Then I have a stamp with my company info for the envelopes. Very easy and takes no time at all with minimal writing. others may feel it is a hassle doing it this way but it works for me. I tried converting everyone to an email billing system and it was a disaster. Payments were very slow compared to mailing them.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2013, 08:34 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I like printing and mailing. I use quick books. I always mail a copy. I don't know. Email feels like it could get hairy.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2013, 08:47 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnkingforever View Post
.... others may feel it is a hassle doing it this way but it works for me. I tried converting everyone to an email billing system and it was a disaster. ....
Two questions. First, where to you put the invoice and envelope? Do you tape it to a door, put inside the storm door, or ???? I did some of this last year, even though I was leaving the invoice on the last visit of the month. I had a few problems, and was wondering what worked best for you. For me, I carried a role of masking tape, and taped it to the door, or glass of the storm door, a door I know was commonly used. There may be a better way.

Secondly, after you have hand-written the invoice, albeit not much writing, then what? How do you transfer the information to financial software, insuring that the same information shows up in both places. I always wonder why the double handling isn't a major source of problems.

I too transferred several of my customers to e-mail last season, hoping to cut mailing costs. I quickly learned that some were not good candidates, and reversed myself to paper invoices. In other cases, it worked fine. All these people agreed to e-mail delivery. I discovered two problems: (1) Some people gets so much junk mail in their IN box, my invoice got lost, (2) Some people don't open their e-mail very regularly.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:55 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger View Post
Two questions. First, where to you put the invoice and envelope? Do you tape it to a door, put inside the storm door, or ???? I did some of this last year, even though I was leaving the invoice on the last visit of the month. I had a few problems, and was wondering what worked best for you. For me, I carried a role of masking tape, and taped it to the door, or glass of the storm door, a door I know was commonly used. There may be a better way.

Secondly, after you have hand-written the invoice, albeit not much writing, then what? How do you transfer the information to financial software, insuring that the same information shows up in both places. I always wonder why the double handling isn't a major source of problems.

I too transferred several of my customers to e-mail last season, hoping to cut mailing costs. I quickly learned that some were not good candidates, and reversed myself to paper invoices. In other cases, it worked fine. All these people agreed to e-mail delivery. I discovered two problems: (1) Some people gets so much junk mail in their IN box, my invoice got lost, (2) Some people don't open their e-mail very regularly.

I send invoices through the mail. Proposals most of the time are left at the door. I still do hand written billing then when it comes back ,I have a bookkeeper who comes by once a month to do all my quick books for me.