Register free!
Search

Click for Weather

Old 03-09-2013, 04:46 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
Good plan. The CPOs will bless you because management of bermuda chemical wise is not as hard. On your end, if you want your bermuda to stay bermuda, it is more money for you. Bermuda is to be cut with a reel if the desired effect is fine turf and not a hay field. Invasive coarse grasses tend to take over bermuda mowed with a rotary at cool season grass heights.
Not my first time with Bermuda. The front yard at my old house was a monostand of the original LaPrima. I've done a few Bermuda yards for people that wanted something different. With all the different varieties now available at reasonable prices with all the pro and few cons I would like to see a comeback of this misunderstood turfgrass. The blessings I need are from narrow minded HOA's that black list anything but SA and everybodies yard looks like crap.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Patriot Services; 03-09-2013 at 04:51 PM.
Old 03-09-2013, 04:52 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArTurf View Post
What type of grass was this?
Bermuda. I used 1/2 oz/1000 on the u3, 3/4 oz 1000 on the common, and 1 oz/1000 on areas that get weedeated. I applied a few hours after mowing.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:21 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherOkie View Post
Bermuda. I used 1/2 oz/1000 on the u3, 3/4 oz 1000 on the common, and 1 oz/1000 on areas that get weedeated. I applied a few hours after mowing.
Did you have much yellowing at that rate?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2013, 06:18 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Not my first time with Bermuda. The front yard at my old house was a monostand of the original LaPrima. I've done a few Bermuda yards for people that wanted something different. With all the different varieties now available at reasonable prices with all the pro and few cons I would like to see a comeback of this misunderstood turfgrass. The blessings I need are from narrow minded HOA's that black list anything but SA and everybodies yard looks like crap.
Posted via Mobile Device
If bermuda cannot be kept out of an SA lawn without lots of Atrazine, Assulox, and Prograss, here's your sign. I'd say it is time to start using bermuda as the lawn. Mow it low, feed it well and be done with it. With all of the fuss about fertilizer usage, pesticides, and water restrictions, mandating a grass that needs lots of those things is asinine.

Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
Benjamin Franklin Poor Richard's Almanac1738
Old 03-09-2013, 08:38 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
Did you have much yellowing at that rate?
Posted via Mobile Device
No, none that I recall. I mixed it with Feature 6-0-0 w/Fe,Mg,Mn,S. That usually really reduces yellowing in bermuda in warm weather with 3way, Manor, Certainty, etc. Or at least it has for me.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:42 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherOkie View Post
No, none that I recall. I mixed it with Feature 6-0-0 w/Fe,Mg,Mn,S. That usually really reduces yellowing in bermuda in warm weather with 3way, Manor, Certainty, etc. Or at least it has for me.
I figured you boosted the minors that's how I got around it and the enhanced density cut way down on broadleaf issues.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-09-2013, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by greendoctor View Post
If bermuda cannot be kept out of an SA lawn without lots of Atrazine, Assulox, and Prograss, here's your sign. I'd say it is time to start using bermuda as the lawn. Mow it low, feed it well and be done with it. With all of the fuss about fertilizer usage, pesticides, and water restrictions, mandating a grass that needs lots of those things is asinine.
That was my very arguement. I said there isn't a lawn in this community that doesn't already have Bermuda in it. You cite people foe dead spots and the first they do is grab the tiny bag of Scotts from Walmart and fill it in. Green is green to you people. If I wasn't growing it from seed you people wouldn't know the difference. That grass made people stop to pet my lawn. A neighbor had Zoysia and he went through hell with HOA.
Posted via Mobile Device