Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-10-2013, 02:23 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

I am sure the Badboy will do a good job for you, and, it is important to go with what works best for your application. But, let's get real here. You were not even close to comparing apples to apples. This was like comparing a Kia to a Mercedes. The Badboy is a much lighter weight machine since it has a gas engine. The Kubota is very heavy and designed like a tank. The Badboy is designed to give you probably 1000 to 2000 hours of service. The Kubota is designed to give you 6000 + hours of service. The price difference should have been huge, which I am sure it was.
The Badboy is a pretty good, inexpensive mower. I am not a fan of either machine, but I think any comparison the 2, was kind of a futile effort.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:43 PM
LawnSite Member

Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2013, 02:44 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

No Bad Boy around here... I do like to think that you get what you pay for, but only up to a certain point. 14k for a mower is rediculous

PlowSite-SnowFakers
Old 03-10-2013, 02:52 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond S. View Post
What does a comparable Bad Boy cost compared to the Exmark Lazer? Say 60" deck and 29-31hp motor? The Lazer is around $14k with the rear bagger. I've been curious about these bad Boy mowers since the Exmark pricing is getting out if hand.
Posted via Mobile Device
Was that purchased priced or calling around? I've been quoted way less.

What warranty does bad boy have these days?

Also the rops is optional on bb I believe. How much extra is one?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2013, 03:05 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Bagger is 2k
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2013, 05:02 PM
LawnSite Member

Those are the two zt's I was interested in. As far as one being diesel and one gas, they are comparable. The ZD326 weights 400# more because of the liquid cooled diesel but as far as everything else the BB is a better mower. They are roughly the same size. Your kia to a benz comparison is is way off the mark. Until you cut with both, go through them like I did. Both opened up side by side. Matching component for component, I saw the kubota was over priced and I glad I didn't buy it. There is no doubt the zd326 is stout and will last along time. That's why I demoed it and was going to buy it. That should say something as to why I changed my mind and went with the BB xp 61"31hp. I need a tough, dependable long lasting mower that will do well in any condition. Wet, dry, incline, decline, stability and so on. Kubota just didn't make it. It couldn't hold a hill for sh!&. I think you should demo the xp and tell everyone what you think?
Old 03-10-2013, 05:12 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Bad boy is full 2 year parts and labor commercial warranty, lifetime on 4 rail 2x2 frame and 5 guage deck, 3 yeari on motor if itsyou vanguard or kawa. $299 for optional rops. 28hp cat diesel 61" is $11499 and comes with grammer seat upgrade.. i was excited thought it was gonna be a bad boy post that was actually clean posts...
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2013, 07:28 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

retrodo what about the spindles are they greasable or sealed bearings? Any failures of spindles?
Old 03-10-2013, 08:01 PM
LawnSite Member

2012 54" Bad Boy with the 852fx kawi motor. Its a tough machine . Engine is 3 yr deck and rest of mower is 2 yr. When it comes time to buy a new zt I am going with BadBoy once again.
Old 03-10-2013, 08:17 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

They are sealed, i replace bearings in them along with scag, bota, hopper, and hustler alike. They are huge double stacked bearings that cost $75each at purvis bearing, but i still replace them. I see pumps, hydrogear, kawasaki, kohler, and briggs failures...i see it all being a dealer... only mower item that outshines the other for some reason here, i see less idler pulley failures with grasshopper than any other brand... i know this sounds weird, but we work on kawasaki more than the other 2 motors, but they are the best at customer service with the emergency overnite service they offer. Briggs has been really strong with us the last couple of years for some reason...
Posted via Mobile Device