Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-10-2013, 08:45 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I didn't realize the Bad Boys had suspension in the back also. How does the ride compare to a Scag Cheetah or Hustler with flex forks?

Scag mowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
www.ClarksvilleLawnCare.us

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
-Og Mandino
Old 03-10-2013, 08:51 PM
LawnSite Member

Don't know. Haven't cut with flex forks before. I know the BB xp is a very smooth ride. Tested and approved.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:04 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHammer View Post
Don't know. Haven't cut with flex forks before. I know the BB xp is a very smooth ride. Tested and approved.
How many hrs do you have on it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2013, 09:08 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

The rear flex axle is where its at. What bothered me about running the cheetah was the operator was comfortable, but the mower was taking a beating. On the bad boy or ferriz the entire mower is suspended, so i think it will keep more of the components in tact and not vibrate as bad. The flex forks on the hustler and grasshopper help with the jolts on the front end. I was gonna put a grammer on my 325d hopper demo, but after putting the forks on the front it rode nice enough for me not to have to throw the a extra money on it..
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-10-2013, 09:40 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
Was that purchased priced or calling around? I've been quoted way less.

What warranty does bad boy have these days?

Also the rops is optional on bb I believe. How much extra is one?
Posted via Mobile Device
I got my 2010 for $10,200 plus $2700 for the triple bagger. It was like $13,800 with tax. 29hp kaw. 60" Ultracut 6. I'm just guessing they haven't dropped prices in a few years. Maybe they're more competitive now. I've actually been a fan of the slightly used market the past few years. Just curious about the BadBoy brand.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2013, 01:01 AM
LawnSite Member

Total of 10 hrs.One of the first things I mowed was this really rough area full of gopher holes with bumps, uneven ground. Just awful stuff. We have to mow these types of area's at least once a month and there not small lots. The next thing I tackled was a step slope. Due to a ditch at the bottom of the hill you can't go up and down. Only side to side. I usually tackle this with my little JD 717 very slowly. The BB did remarkably well. Held the hill like a champ. I don't think I'm going to dread those hills as much. I'll post a pic next week.
Old 03-11-2013, 05:08 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenHammer View Post
Total of 10 hrs.One of the first things I mowed was this really rough area full of gopher holes with bumps, uneven ground. Just awful stuff. We have to mow these types of area's at least once a month and there not small lots. The next thing I tackled was a step slope. Due to a ditch at the bottom of the hill you can't go up and down. Only side to side. I usually tackle this with my little JD 717 very slowly. The BB did remarkably well. Held the hill like a champ. I don't think I'm going to dread those hills as much. I'll post a pic next week.
10 hrs isn't much testing nor enough time to say its approved. Come back with 300hrs and let us know how its going.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-11-2013, 05:58 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

10 hours or 3000, I am interested in what you have to report.

The only negative that comes to mind about previous BB threads was the QOC. For this reason I never even considered them regardless of price. Then I took a look at the BB site and realized how many innovative features they have on those mowers. Swing away gas tanks for engine access, rubber shock absorbers front and rear, forward tilting floor pan for deck pulley access, supposedly a very responsive steering system. It seems like they are really thinking through the design process and you are getting alot for your money, but if the QOC isn't there, to me it is for nothing. Maybe you can give some feedback on how it cuts in different conditions.

Scag mowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
www.ClarksvilleLawnCare.us

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
-Og Mandino
Old 03-11-2013, 05:59 PM
LawnSite Member

I have almost 50hrs on my outlaw what a beast
2-21' mowers
4-gas trimmers
4-gas blowers
3-back pack blowers
6x14 trailer/dovetail
7x18 open trailer / car
04 ford f-250 crew 4x4
2013 ford f-150 crew 4x4
Old 03-12-2013, 12:31 PM
LawnSite Member

can someone post some pics of the cutting quality of these mowers?? I just put my order in for a bad boy outlaw xp 72 deck with vanguard engine and i got the rops and the basket , i am definatly taking the wing off , the basket should protect the air canister, also got no flat front weels and the seat upgrade , the dealer had to order it , I guess I am hoping I made the right choice. It would be nice to see some work pics to ease my mind since mine will not be here till april , and we don't have anything to cut yet anyhow here.