Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-12-2013, 06:07 PM
LawnSite Member

I would've went Kubota. So much more reliable. I've used several and put them through their paces and they just take it like its normal.
'07 Exmark TT HP 19/48 w/ proslide
Dump Trailer
Stihl MS 660
Stihl MS 441
Stihl MS 261
Stihl MS 200T
Stihl HT 101
Echo 266T
Stihl FS 110 RX
Stihl BR 600
Stihl HS 81 R Hedge Trimmer
Echo 250 blower
Stihl SG 20 Backpk Sprayer
AC 3pt Splitter
Allis Chalmers 200 Turbo
Bush Hog 15' Batwing
Allis Chalmers D17 Series 4
Honda Pressure Washer
Ryan Aerator
Old 03-12-2013, 06:29 PM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Congrats on the new mower! Please give us an honest review.

On a side note your dealer should have educated you more on Kubota. Kubota is an industrial quality machine that is built and designed lika a tractor. Things will be stiff until broken in. I have personally operated Kubotas with over 5000 hours. Kubota builds everything including the trans and deck run gear boxes with driveshaft. They are very popular for mowing large acerage, sports fields, campuses, parks etc.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2013, 09:26 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
retro what Bad Boy would compare to a Dixie Chopper Classic? What would I expect to pay?
50" cut.
8 Gallon fuel capacity.
True 27 HP rated engine or better.
16 CC pumps with.
18 CI wheel motors.
Fan and hydro cooler.
10 MPH minimum top speed.
Factory OCDC.

I ask because I just bought a Dixie Chopper Classic 6 months ago and will be buying another mower this coming year and would really consider Bad Boy. I will also be looking at Snapper-Pro and Gravely. Might just get another Classic.
Hey man, i would look at the bad boy outlaw. 13mph 30hp kohler command 54" $7199. It has 5400s which are awesome 18 cu inch ii believe, add the acs system for $200, 5 guage deck, massive 4 rail 2x2 frame. They dont offer generac, but you could get the 29efi kohler for $7999 in the 54". Kinda my recommendation for you, also a must is to add the grammer seat to any mower you get. As a favor when we sell mower we can add for $389 which is my dealer cost. If you have to have 16cc pumps like you have yoy have to get the outlaw xp $8399 54" 31hp kawasaki and have the 12cc swapped for the 16cc (i charge $600 for the upgrade).
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2013, 09:48 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by retrodog View Post
Hey man, i would look at the bad boy outlaw. 13mph 30hp kohler command 54" $7199. It has 5400s which are awesome 18 cu inch ii believe, add the acs system for $200, 5 guage deck, massive 4 rail 2x2 frame. They dont offer generac, but you could get the 29efi kohler for $7999 in the 54". Kinda my recommendation for you, also a must is to add the grammer seat to any mower you get. As a favor when we sell mower we can add for $389 which is my dealer cost. If you have to have 16cc pumps like you have yoy have to get the outlaw xp $8399 54" 31hp kawasaki and have the 12cc swapped for the 16cc (i charge $600 for the upgrade).
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks for the information. I will check them out.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:55 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuttingedgelawn View Post
I would've went Kubota. So much more reliable. I've used several and put them through their paces and they just take it like its normal.
What is more reliable about a Kubota and what is breaking or failing on the BBs?

Retro,
I am about to buy a new mower in the 50" range and was wondering what a 54" 29 efi Kohler would run me. I would be looking at getting the Outlaw XP or whatever the higher model outlaw is. Also, is the Grammar airbag seat available for these? I would think with the rubber shock absorbers and the Grammar airbag this thing would feel like a caddy.

Scag mowers
++++++++++++++++++++++++++
www.ClarksvilleLawnCare.us

"Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later."
-Og Mandino
Old 03-12-2013, 10:01 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Efi is only available in the extreme model. We can put the grammer on any mower even the $2999 mz...lol. on the xp you only have a 31hp kawasaki or the 36hp vanguard as motor options.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2013, 06:15 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade Runners View Post
What is more reliable about a Kubota and what is breaking or failing on BBs.
Do some research, should still be some BB threads around that have not been deleted.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-13-2013, 02:49 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecuttingedgelawn View Post
So what is more reliable on a Kubota? Obviously the diesel engine will be but what else?
Old 03-13-2013, 04:30 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg78 View Post
So what is more reliable on a Kubota? Obviously the diesel engine will be but what else?
I'm playing devils advocate here since I don't have a dog in either fight. Kubota has been building industrial tractors and equipment since the 60's. Their name has been synonymous with quality for decades. BB hasn't been around long enough to claim bragging rights in that league. That being said Kubota is overkill for probably half the LCO's cutting grass.
Old 03-13-2013, 04:45 PM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriot Services View Post
I'm playing devils advocate here since I don't have a dog in either fight. Kubota has been building industrial tractors and equipment since the 60's. Their name has been synonymous with quality for decades. BB hasn't been around long enough to claim bragging rights in that league. That being said Kubota is overkill for probably half the LCO's cutting grass.
Oh I agree 100% I just wanted the poster to be more informative instead of making a general statement like "So much more reliable".

I used to run a Kubota Tractor mowing a 70 acre horse farm in Ocala in the early 90's, pretty good gig for a 12 year old kid. I ran that Kubota day in day out and never had any problems at all.

I don't have a dog in the fight either.