Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-13-2013, 06:02 PM
LawnSite Member

retro dog do you have any bad boy mowers out that have more than 1500 hours on them?? Also with the front end have you had any issues with curbs damaging the front end set up , I know on my other mowers the front casters take a beating when going over curbs. Also about how many hours before belt changes on the bad boys you have out?
Old 03-16-2013, 12:51 AM
LawnSite Member

Here are some cut pic's

I took these with my phone so the pic quality might not be that great but you get the idea. This was in the morning. The grass was wet and 6-8" tall. The cut quality is excellent in my opinion.
Old 03-16-2013, 12:52 AM
LawnSite Bronze Member

I dont know if its just me but I don't see any pictures

"There is no such thing as failure. There are only results." – Tony Robbins

Enough Said...
Old 03-16-2013, 12:57 AM
LawnSite Member

Pic's

Trying to upload. Don't know what the problem is?
Old 03-16-2013, 01:13 AM
LawnSite Member

Had to re-size pic's
Attached Images

Old 03-16-2013, 01:26 AM
LawnSite Member

Bad Boy

Just for all those folks out there that are that think by comparing a Kubota and a Bad boy is crazy. Just go demo one. Oh, and flip up the seat. You won't believe your eyes. Everything is right there and so easy to get to. Kubota is a great mower or at least has a great history. Had my choice between the two. I choose fast, nimble, powerful over slow, heavy, and dull. Go ahead bring out your Kubota and it will absolutely get smoked.
Old 03-16-2013, 06:49 AM
LawnSite Member

Green hammer- Are these pics from cutting at full speed? I demo'd a BB but didn't have tall grass to test out at 13 mph or however fast.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2013, 08:21 AM
LawnSite Platinum Member

Thanks for the pics. Its hard to see the cut quality in those. Looks like some of those have been double or triple cut with clumping. I know you said the grass was 6-8" tall. Can you get some ground level shots of a completely cut lawn that wasnt double cut? And of the deck while on the property? I would like to check for clumping and straglers.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-16-2013, 08:37 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by THORNTON SERVICES LLC View Post
retro dog do you have any bad boy mowers out that have more than 1500 hours on them?? Also with the front end have you had any issues with curbs damaging the front end set up , I know on my other mowers the front casters take a beating when going over curbs. Also about how many hours before belt changes on the bad boys you have out?
Hey man, i have around 1000 running around this is my 6th year as a dealer. We finished out 2012 as thea largest badbb boy dealer in the world, and i think after talking to all the reps we are up there in volume with some of the top dealers in the country with other brands. On the front end had a few guys bend the front forks on the old style pre 2009 when they had 2 piece suspension forks (including me when i was mowing we were very rough on our machines). Since the change havent seen one failure. Absolutely have never seen a frame failure with that design. No crack ever no weld issue, the guy that was bashing the frame design on here last year was freaking crazy but i never said anything was tired of arguing with dumb butts on here. Only issue ive ever seen in frame was first run outlaws had a few of the first run (around a month of serial numbers) that cracked the weld by the 5400 tranny, once the weak point was found and beefed up no issues to date. I went ahead and beefed all mine up that were out there so they wouldnt have an issue with it... I have roughly over 150 that have well over 1500 now. I have factories, cities, school districts, and commercial guys that are in the 600 to 1000 hour a year range. I have a demo (my personal mower that flipped down the highway and started this mess...lol even my frame didnt fail on the tumble, my front wheel had bent back and touching the rail framing but was the bolt that bent not the actual front design) that has nearly 3k on it and its still mowing good. I did lose my 26lc kawasaki last year at 2600, but it has a 31hp kawasaki big block now on the 52" lightning she is pretty powerful now...lol.
on belts honestly ive seen them fail within 1 hour, and i have some that havent been touched in entire 6 years. My first year as a dealer i sold out of my house over 120 mowers, and i honestly went back on my computer and havent sold half the people anything. Over 60 people i havent heard from yet. Dont know if they just get blades and crap somewhere else, but i cant see why i am the lowest anywhere. Almost any blade i will do 100 for$8.99ea in xht, and they had my cell number on back of mower... Old lightning was my worst with 26hp liquid cooled kawasaki if people cut at 2 inches or lower it put the belt at too much of an angle. When we figured it out we started putting spacer kits on clutch to bring down and on idler pulley to bring up so it would ride normal. I have a few diesel guys like clockwork replace once a year thats the worst i can think of. Any mower gonna eventually smoke a belt due too idler failure or stick getting involved its boumd to happen. Bb gives 90 day warranty on them to start with. Honestly on new outlaws zts, czts, and mzs i dont see many belt failures. If i do it is a reason like deck bearing ceasing up or idler bearing go out and they not hear it in time. 61" outlaw belt is $49.99 bb prices arent bad when it does happen. I have some other branded mowers that put bad boy belts on their mowers along with seats, idlers, wheel motors, and pumps because bad boy is lower on parts. Nearly all wheel motors and pumps are $469, all idlers are $19.99, all seats are dirt cheap, hech grammer seat retail for $599 at badboy, i cant even buy that seat as a dealer cost for $600 from any other company. I have learned with badboy its not about profit at all. Where others in the industry seems more profit driven. I have experienced a ton of improvements and design changes in the past 6 years and only once on one series did i see a price increase. I was told they are spending a million in advertising in my market this year, thats nuts!
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by retrodog; 03-16-2013 at 08:43 AM.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Silver Member

Guys go on my facebook kg mowers. I have tons of cut pics from my customers on there. Some are from the coast, tennessee, but most from around ne tx se oklahoma. Our grass doesnt stripe like up north, but they are still striping a little here.
Posted via Mobile Device