Register free!
Search

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Click for Weather

Old 03-10-2013, 04:49 PM
LawnSite Gold Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTenterprises View Post
I added approx 3/4 quart I think. The dipstick all the way screwed in was barely reading any oil. It read no oil with dipstick unscrewed, the way we normally check oil level. This was after it had been sitting over night, so it wasn't still settling. Hope I answered all of the questions. I will have to be more careful next time, but I normally check oil levels before I crank each and every time.
So he put a 1.4 qts in it.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by djagusch View Post
First off the change engine oil flashing on the hr meter is just based off of hrs ran. It does not have anything to do with oil pressure. I believe it flashes 2 hrs before the preset hr and 2 hrs after the preset hr. You adding oil had nothing to do with that flashing.

Did you put a full 2 qts in the mower? Are you reading it a couple mins after shutting it off? Is the dipstick screwed in or just to the top?

Really interested in finding out the answers.
Posted via Mobile Device
What we do need is an oil pressure sensor like the on my Briggs Vanguard it simply shuts the engine down when you get low on oil.
Old 03-21-2013, 09:15 PM
LawnSite Member

2013 V RIde -- The "dummy sensor" on my hour meter comes on 2 hours before service is due and stays on two hours after - a four hour window. It does not reset automatically when the service is done. I found this out when I read the manual. A nice feature, I suppose.

Too bad about the bad service.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:42 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTenterprises View Post
So I took the vride in for a full service a week ago and shame on me for "trusting" that it was just serviced and there was no need to do the religious oil check before each mow. Wrong! When I took it in the dumb "smart sensor" was flashing that the oil needed changing, so when I picked it up after service and it was still flashing, I just figured it was a dummy light. I mowed at least 4 hours worth and decided to check the oil and it was bone dry. Holy crap. I could have burned up a Kawi 26 with only 120 hours on it, but somehow it didn't. Then I started panicking thinking that the motor was using oil, very badly if it was gone in a few hours o mowing. So, I filled it up nd mowed 2.5 hours yesterday and it didn't use a bit of the oil. The question now is did the mechanic at the dealer or get to add oil? Did h just not add enough oil? It had to have at least some oil in it for it not to lock up on me.

I'm going to call the dealer Monday and explain. I should also mention that when I picked it up they had not installed the new blades that I had requested and I had to ask them to do it before I left. Should I be worried about interior motor damage like cylinder scoring? It's still under warranty but it is running fine now. What would you do? Other than find another dealer in the future!

I was told after a curtousy oil change at the dealer that the oil change light flashes 2 hours before the interval and 2 hours after no matter what. I paid for the oil, just not the labor.

Is this a lie?

www.legoservices.com
Four years in...

Equipment..

It doesn't matter. I just like cutting grass ..
Old 08-06-2013, 01:59 PM
LawnSite Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootytalbot View Post
2013 V RIde -- The "dummy sensor" on my hour meter comes on 2 hours before service is due and stays on two hours after - a four hour window. It does not reset automatically when the service is done. I found this out when I read the manual. A nice feature, I suppose.

Too bad about the bad service.
^- Nevermind I quoted before I finished reading the thread, he answered my question

www.legoservices.com
Four years in...

Equipment..

It doesn't matter. I just like cutting grass ..
Old 08-06-2013, 07:38 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rootytalbot View Post
That is a crazy useless thing......if you are out mowing all day the warning comes and goes.