The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 08-19-2015, 08:49 AM
LawnSite Member
Wright Stander I 48 drive belt

My drive belt snapped. Machine is a 2015 48. Manual says I need not remove any parts, clutch, idler etc. I am having a clearance issue with getting the belt over the idler. The nut holding the idler prevents me from getting the belt over the idler sheave. Is this a common issue or am I approaching this wrong. Desperate for help.
Old 08-20-2015, 08:08 AM
Agree the write up for the belt replacement needs to be redone, if you loosen the idler arm attachment bolt a couple threads this will allow the arm to drop slightly allowing the belt to pass the idler pulley nut.
Best Regards,
Wright Mfg.
Old 08-20-2015, 09:01 AM
LawnSite Member
Stander I drive belt.

I wouldn't put that in the manual just yet. That nut has to be backed down a lot and still there is not enough room for the belt. You have to have that sheave strained down to get that belt over and there is not a mm to spare. It unfortunately, is not as easy as just backing off the idler a couple of threads. When you loosen the bolt it cause the idler arm to retreat up towards the frame, giving you less space, so you have to apply constant pressure to it, to keep it down. And with the minimal space to work in, you can't pry it down. I had to attach a mini ratchet strap ove the arm and use it to slowly pull down the idler. I have to say, this is a maintenance disaster.