Register free!

The Green Industry's Resource Center

Old 03-11-2013, 12:22 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

I swear by then to.I swear I want never buy another set!
Old 03-11-2013, 01:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

dont buy the ones from lowes either! They were terrible. The trimmers spun around so much as i was going down the road. it almost damaged the throttle trigger on one of them.

I got a rack from my local Ag Supply retailer and they work great for only like $120.

Dont be fooled by lowes $75 racks. Theyre horrible.
-Grasshopper front mount 61", gravely 52"
-36" Gravely Walkbehind, 21" exmark push mower
-Stihl everything
Old 03-11-2013, 03:42 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J&A Lawn Care View Post
I talked to everybody possible with the same outcome so I proceeded to tell the dealer he was fixing to receive his 1st negative feedback and I told packem I was on a large site called lawnsite and would be posting about what is going on.Well about 10min after I posted the phone stared ringing which was packem and the dealer calling to resolve the problem. Lawnsite is a powerful place lol
smart! thats how you get things moving in your favor. I agree that these forums are powerful tools for us to ensure quality service from the dealers and companies. I just bought a new exmark 30, and so far the dealer has been great! During our first call i mentioned I do lawn care and have read numerous posts about the mower on a forum( this one). he said...oh really? If you run into ANY problems, please give us an opportunity to make it right before posting any negative feedback. My reply was of course...that is no problem at all. LOL...so I got the same type of response as you. Good luck with your racks. After reasearching the racks, i think Ill be going with the green touch racks and the engine support option.
2013 Exmark Commercial 30
2014 Exmark Lazer Z S Series EFI 52
2008 Stihl FS250R Trimmer
2010 Stihl FS90R Trimmer
200? Stihl FC75 Edger
2014 Stihl KM130R edger and trimmer shafts

2013 Stihl BR600 Backpack blower
Old 03-11-2013, 10:24 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Sorry to hear bout your luck with the racks. I have a 2 place rack that holds a stihl trimmer and an edger. I don't have any problems taking one or the other off independently. I guess there's more room on the 2 place rack. they do hold the stihls really well, but don't have anything else to compare it to.
Old 03-12-2013, 06:50 AM
LawnSite Fanatic

I have a single place Rackem. Until I saw your pictures I couldn't figure out what the problem was. I totally understand now. The top trimmer has to come out first and then you have to work your way down the rack.

That does suck and it's unacceptable. Just an FYI, Lawnsite's pages are indexed (made available on Google) every couple of hours. Whatever you write about them here will be available on Google searches in a few minutes. So if you say that Rackem sucks it will warn others on Google.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:23 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zackvbra View Post
dont buy the ones from lowes either! They were terrible. The trimmers spun around so much as i was going down the road. it almost damaged the throttle trigger on one of them.

I got a rack from my local Ag Supply retailer and they work great for only like $120.

Dont be fooled by lowes $75 racks. Theyre horrible.
I used the same trimmer rack except I bought them from tractor supply. I actually did not mind them. I placed pipe insulation where the trimmers sit and wrapped with gorilla tape. My trimmers were snug and did not move at all.

Last spring my wife bought me the trimmer trap rack. My neighbor spent a few hours fabricating angle iron so they would bolt on my trailer more securely. They were to heavy they could not be mounted on the top rail. Then we had to cut the holders so they would fit around my trimmers. My back up trimmer will not fit on the rack at all. My stick edger is in the shop now because of damage to the shaft caused by these racks. So my stick edger and back up trimmer cannot go on the rack, what a waste of money and my neighbor's time. After extensive research I wanted the grid iron racks but my wife seen some literature from trimmer trap laying around and bought me these. I would gladly take the cheapo racks from tractor supply at this point.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2013, 08:05 PM
LawnSite Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawnkingforever View Post
Last spring my wife bought me the trimmer trap rack. My neighbor spent a few hours fabricating angle iron so they would bolt on my trailer more securely. They were to heavy they could not be mounted on the top rail. Then we had to cut the holders so they would fit around my trimmers. My back up trimmer will not fit on the rack at all. My stick edger is in the shop now because of damage to the shaft caused by these racks. So my stick edger and back up trimmer cannot go on the rack, what a waste of money and my neighbor's time.
Are you sure you have Trimmer Traps? Trimmer Traps aren't designed to be mounted to the top rail. I don't even know how you would even get them to mount to the top rail alone.

I also don't understand what you were cutting to get the trimmers to fit. I've had Echo, Tanaka, Stihl, Shindaiwa and Kawasaki trimmers in mine with ZERO issues. Are these the racks you have?

Old 03-12-2013, 08:33 PM
LawnSite Bronze Member

Sorry Richard,
Mine are xtreme racks from greentouch industries. I wish I had yours. As always you are on top of your game. Trimmers are not meant to be held that tight on a rack, at some point they are coming off of my trailer.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 03-12-2013, 08:52 PM
LawnSite Member

Do not buy packem racks!

Hey I just bought these over the winter and had same problem and really made me mad too but I just cut off the extra metal on bottom where the hinged bar stops at. It's hard to see in the pic but I cut the bottom on and the 2nd one still is original. and now it opens a lot more than the original
14ft Open Trailer
8ft Open Trailer
-Mowers
Ferris DD 52"
Exmark Vantage 52"
Exmark TT 52"
Exmark Phazer 34"
-Trimmers
3 Stihl FS90R's
Stihl HS45
TroyBilt Stick Hedge Trimmer
-Blowers
3 Husqvarna 150BT's
Old 03-12-2013, 09:44 PM
LawnSite Senior Member

Do not buy packem racks!

My trailer had built in racks and I had the same problem. What I did was put the edger at the bottom then trimmer facing opposite way and then top trimmer facing the same way as edger.